We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice on viewing at fenway please

Which Boston hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Pepperell...
Advice on viewing at fenway please

I want to buy my boyfriend (a loyal Red Sox fan) binoculars for when we have bleacher seats. Can anyone recommend what strength binoculars give you the best view of the game? I starting looking and didn't realize how many different types of binoculars there are. I want to get one of the little pocket sized ones I've seen other fans use. Any advice would be appreciated, thanx :)

Quincy...
Destination Expert
for Boston
reviews: 29
1. Re: Advice on viewing at fenway please

Hi unknown,

Very roughly, it's about 400 feet from the bleachers to Home plate. When you go to buy the binoculars, just tell the salesperson what you want them for, and that they should be able to do a close up from that far away.

Boston...
reviews: 5
2. Re: Advice on viewing at fenway please

I gotta tell you, leave the binoculars at home. Fenway Park is really very small and there is so much going on the glasses can become a nusiance.If you persist, get glasses with a larger field. ( the second number, like 8x35) The opera style will simply be a pain.Once the ball is hit there is a good chance he will miss the entire play.

3. Re: Advice on viewing at fenway please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:16 pm, August 12, 2009