We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Boston Christmas Lights

Which Boston hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
ireland Ireland
Boston Christmas Lights

Hi everyone just looking for some advice around travelling into the city from the airport. I am due to arrive at Logan at 4pm on Nov 29. I read somewhere that the Boston Common lights are being switched on that night at around 6pm. I will be staying at either Harbourside Inn or Bostonian Millennium and wondered if I get a taxi am I likely to hit major rush hour traffic jams. I should be leaving the airport around 4.30 if all goes well.

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
reviews: 1
1. Re: Boston Christmas Lights

You'll be fine by taxi from either hotel. You can also take the T Subway - Green Line to either Park Street or Boylston Street Stations. I guess you'll also have to start with a taxi to your hotel first if you have any intentions of being there on time.

NJ
reviews: 8
2. Re: Boston Christmas Lights

Better doublecheck, aidelur -- I heard something like December 1st. If you stay at the Bostonian Millennium, the tree at Faneuil Hall is being lit this Saturday, the 17th, but they will also have BLINK, a 350,000 LED light show coupled with Boston Pops music. Show lasts 1/2 hour and runs every hour at 4 pm.

Enjoy!

NJ
reviews: 8
3. Re: Boston Christmas Lights

I just looked it up! You are indeed correct! November 29th

boston-discovery-guide.com/…axzz2CQmGw76n

4. Re: Boston Christmas Lights

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 pm, December 16, 2013