We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Suggestions for Easter Lunch in or around the city?

Which Boston hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Midwest City...
Suggestions for Easter Lunch in or around the city?

Anyone have any thoughts on where I could take a family of 5 to Easter lunch?

Close to (or in) Boston would be best.

It'd have to be a place I can still get reservations for!

Thanks!!

Boston, MA
1. Re: Suggestions for Easter Lunch in or around the city?

What kind of place were you looking for? It would help me make a wise choice. Also were you looking for lunch/brunch? Also, a good resource for reservations would be OpenTable.com. I recently started using them and they really have been a lifesaver--also they include restaurant type/price/with links too plus you can make reservations online.

Midwest City...
2. Re: Suggestions for Easter Lunch in or around the city?

I was thinking something that my parents would enjoy, so a place that would look good to a grown couple in their late 40s/early 50s.

Somewhere nice, but not too pricey.

I'd prefer somewhere T-accessible, but if it were just outside the city, that would be alright.

Thanks for the tip on OpenTable!

Boston
reviews: 18
3. Re: Suggestions for Easter Lunch in or around the city?

Good morning Maximopark!

Guess what? Your parents are my age, so what about Maggiano's Little Italy as a suggestion? You might want to call as soon as you can for reservations:

www.maggianos.com

They have a fun atmosphere, the food is absolutely wonderful and it's right in Park Sq. Afterwards you could then walk over to the Public Gardens if it's a nice sunny day? Make sure those "Make Way For Ducklings" are still there while you're at it!

There used to be a tradition in Boston back in the 50's with the O'Neill sisters all dressed up in their finest, there was also an Easter Parade and then every one went to the Hotels afterwards for dinner! Check this site out to see what it was like "back then" when your parents and I were REALLY young!

http://www.twoboatsgallery.com/oneils.html

Have a great time!

Midwest City...
4. Re: Suggestions for Easter Lunch in or around the city?

Thanks for the suggestion; Maggiano's just might work!

And thanks for the link, I checked it out and it was rather interesting - I'm a big fan of the local history; photographs like that remind me of an excellent special WGBH had been running a few months ago that was all about Scollay Square, the old amusement park at Revere Beach, etc.. it was really interesting!

Boston, MA
5. Re: Suggestions for Easter Lunch in or around the city?

I recommend 209 the American Bistro and Bar they have an all you can eat 17.50 deal off their ala cart menu, plus they're doing special Easter roasts! I actually am thinking about going myself. Plus, the food is fantastic.

http://www.209boston.com/209.html

Click the easter brunch menu button--I think your family will really enjoy it.