We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fenway - State Street Pavillion Club

Which Boston hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bonaire
reviews: 137
Fenway - State Street Pavillion Club

I was invited to go to the Red Sox game Saturday the 21st. We are sitting in the State Street Pavillion Club. Has anyone been and is it first come first serve seats and can I wear nice jeans? I was in the Heineken Board room in March and the seats filled up fast.

Edited: 5:25 pm, April 18, 2012
Easton...
1. Re: Fenway - State Street Pavillion Club

I haven't had the pleasure of being in this part of Fenway, not at least under its current name. I have been in several luxury boxes and the old 406 club. The seats were never full and everyone seems to like to gather around the food and inside of the luxury suites. I wouldn't worry about seating but getting to Fenway early, is always a good thing.

Newport, Rhode...
Destination Expert
for Newport, Providence
reviews: 4
2. Re: Fenway - State Street Pavillion Club

The dining area inside the club is first come first served. Your actual seats outside are reseervedonly for you. Jeans are fine.

Here is some more info though:

…mlb.com/bos/ticketing/premium/sspc.jsp

Bonaire
reviews: 137
3. Re: Fenway - State Street Pavillion Club

First off, I am grateful my friend invited me to attend the game. My friend is a big Yankee's fan so it was a rivalry until I left at the end of the 7th. Let me preface this by saying this year my friend has invited me to games at the Garden sitting front row floor/court side and in a private suite. I have also been in the Heineken Board Room. The State Street Pavilion Club cannot compare to these amazing experiences. State Street Pavilion Club is a decent enough spot and the views over homeplate are stunning. The waiter service sitting is wonderful. Here's the 3 stars; the food in the dining room is overpriced and in our experience (4 dining options) it was mediocre at best. I had nachos with a canned cheese sauce (think 99 Restaurant). My friend's lobster roll was soggy and the meat mushy. Her hubby liked his wings ok. My friend's chicken looked overcooked. I did love my Russian River Chard (12.00). The bill for 3 apps, lobster roll, 2 sodas, 2 beers and 1 wine was 120.00.

During one break I found myself wandering outside in the stands hanging out chatting with people..To me, the Red Sox experience is best enjoyed with the people..not that you don't get that inside this club but it's rather sedate and calm...my friend's husband did catch Andruw Jones's foul ball and gave it to our Yankee fan friend.....Again, the food gave the rating. The servers and staff inside were great. You get free popcorn. The rest you pay for. This point is mentioned to contrast with the Premium seats in the Garden where food is included (Heineken Board Room and Suites).

Jeans were fine..few were dressed up... Everyone has assigned seats so I recommend getting there minutes before the game.

Edited: 12:37 pm, April 22, 2012
Easton...
4. Re: Fenway - State Street Pavillion Club

Nothing beats sitting close to the action. Sat a few times first row third base line. I would take that over any luxury suite.

Used to be and can still apply that restaurants with the best view had the worst food. The view at Fenway is the best, so I would never expect much of the food.

Easton...
5. Re: Fenway - State Street Pavillion Club

Here it is

Edited: 7:05 pm, April 30, 2012
6. Re: Fenway - State Street Pavillion Club

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:41 pm, June 18, 2013