We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First trip to Boston

Which Boston hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Pymouth, DEvon
reviews: 5
First trip to Boston

My partner and I will be in Boston weekend 5/6 March for a wedding and have two days to sightsee. What should we make time to do? We don't care how touristy the suggestions - just need to know the "must-do" things! And good places to eat out too! We're in the UK. Thanks everyone.

Washington DC...
reviews: 2
1. Re: First trip to Boston

You should visit the Freedom Trail! You basically take a walking tour through historic Boston sites in the downtown area, which are now interlaced with shops, restaurants and other fun things to see. (www.thefreedowntrail.org) It'll give you a nice overview of the area, and you'll learn a bit of history, too.

As for restaurants, I'd recommend either Legal Seafoods (they have several branches in the city), Jasper White's Summer Shack, or Durgin Park. All serve 'traditional' New England fare, though I have to say Summer Shack would be my first choice for a casual lobster dinner. Yum!

Liverpool, United...
reviews: 4
2. Re: First trip to Boston

Hi

If the Duck Tour is on go on it - it was one of the highlights of my trip and go up the pru tower views are amazing - I have been to Boston for the last three years and about to book again for this winter!

Harvard was nice to walk around as well and I enjoyed the MIT Museum all depends what you want to do.

If you like Pizza go to Pizza Reginia on Thatcher St.

R

Boston
3. Re: First trip to Boston

As a fun alternative to the Observation Deck at the Pru, if you have a larger group, go to the bar up there and have an appetizer and an over-priced drink. A nice rest, with a nice view and without the school groups scooting around.