We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Go Boston Card

Which Boston hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
arkansas
Go Boston Card

I was contemplating buying one of these for a week's vacation my family will have in Boston in May. When reading the information though I noticed that PER CARD, you can only use the beantown trolley for 2 days. That made me wonder if perhaps the card is not as good as it sounds. Any advice? Better ideas? Please advise.

Boston, MA
1. Re: Go Boston Card

I don't think that's exactly a rip off. I believe the beantown trolley just takes you around Boston to look at sights and gives you a guided tour. It's not the same as the T if that's what you were wondering. There are other tours too on the card, but if you wanted to spend a lot of time on the that particular tour than it would probably be best to buy a bunch of days of trolley tours. Though if you're going to visit a couple of attractions and have a large family than you save about 15-20 dollars a person which can add up. The card is best for visitors who plan on seeing a number of sites, but it does get you ahead of the line at the Aquarium. Another option is the Explorer Pass which is only 6-7 attractions

http://www.explorerpass.com

If you have doubts, don't use the card, but I did get it for my parents and I don't know if I got my money's worth because I didn't do the math but they really liked that they could go from attraction to attraction and it was all prepaid. So, who knows!

Williamsburg, VA
reviews: 90
2. Re: Go Boston Card

My husband and I bought a GoCard when we spent a week in Boston last year and thought it was a GREAT deal. The fact that you can only use the beantown trolly for 2 days was not a big deal, as we didn't think it was THAT great to use anyways. By having the card we probably ended up seeing and doing a lot more than we would have without the card. It was also great because you could go to the attractions more than once (we went to the Aquarium one day, then left after crowds of schoolkids came in; then came back a different day to see one of the "shows" ) AND get to bypass the line to get in. We also bought the MBTA Boston Visitors Pass, which gave us unlimited access to the public transportation system--including the ferries---which were really fun to ride; and helped us make maximal use of the Go Card.

San Francisco, CA
3. Re: Go Boston Card

I'm bumping this because I have the same questions, thanks!