We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bachelorette Party in Boston

Which Boston hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Connecticut
reviews: 12
Bachelorette Party in Boston

Hi,

I am planning a bachelorette party for an afternoon/evening in Boston. I have a limo for 7 hours (so about 5 of those will be spent actually in Boston). There are 14 girls - it is a mixed group ranging from girls in their early to late twenties, a few moms, and a few younger sisters. A budget is very important - any suggestions for fun, cheap activities to do and a restaurant to eat at? We will be arriving in Boston at around 4:15 and leaving around 8:30. A schedule & all suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Edited: 4:28 pm, July 12, 2011
Quincy...
Destination Expert
for Boston
reviews: 30
1. Re: Bachelorette Party in Boston

Right now, having a bachelorette party at Jacques Drag Bar seems to be all the rage. You can bring your own food in, so you could do pizza or something else inexpensive for food.

www.jacques-cabaret.com/specialevents.asp

Boston
2. Re: Bachelorette Party in Boston

What sort of things do you want to do? It's kind of a weird timeframe--is this a drink-out-of-a-penis-cup party or something more laid-back? Is everyone over 21?

Also, you mentioned that "a budget" is very important...but you don't say what that budget is.

Jacques is a good idea, but they won't get to see the actual cabaret shows if they need to leave at 8:30.

Boston
reviews: 16
3. Re: Bachelorette Party in Boston

And since you mention "some Moms" perhaps you want to be on the more proper side of things. You could do a combination of a show (Blue Man Group?) then a not expensive dinner. I'm not saying that;s a cheap evening, but I assume you want to feel you have "done" something. Or maybe just do drinks in one place, limo to another place for dinner, limo somewhere else again to get gelato or ice cream -- it would be fun with the right group.

Connecticut
4. Re: Bachelorette Party in Boston

hi everyone,

great suggestions. unfortunately i think the drag show would be a little too late. the part of the party in boston will be a little racy, but not to the drink out of penis straws extent. more fun than laid back, but not too crazy. a few girls are under 21...hope this helps!

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
reviews: 24
5. Re: Bachelorette Party in Boston

There are some ideas on The Knot: theknot.com/Vendors/…061

Have a friend who got strip pole lessons, another just had dinner at Melting Pot. There's a boat cruise with the theme, Marriage Can be Murder. I have no idea if it is any good. http://www.mysterycafe.com/95/mystery-cruise/

(The boat cruise that is. Marriage is good!)

Edited: 6:15 am, July 13, 2011
Connecticut
6. Re: Bachelorette Party in Boston

Hi,

Thank! I'll look into those. One other note - the party is on a Thursday.

MA
Destination Expert
for New England
reviews: 136
7. Re: Bachelorette Party in Boston

I think a great idea would be to schedule mani and pedis for the group at a spa or salon somewhere and then limo it over to Newbury St. for drinks outside at a cafe (if it is nice), since you can't go into a bar with the under 21s, then limo it to a restaurant for dinner. Maybe The Beehive in the South End? That is a very lively, popular restaurant.

Boston, MA
8. Re: Bachelorette Party in Boston

You could organize a "create your own handbag" party on Newbury Street 1154lill.com/shop.axd/Bridal-Parties-And-Sho… and then follow it up with an early dinner at a nearby restaurant like Stephanie's, Sel de la Terre, or Towne.

9. Re: Bachelorette Party in Boston

Hi,

My sisters and I just did a bachelorette party recently. We had the moms and a few aunts in tow as well. It was Friday night we went out, but could have easily been a Thursday.

We all met up at Jerry Remmy's over on the Waterfront for apps and drinks. We then had the bride to be and our mom and the grooms mom take a horse and buggy over to Fanuiel Hall, where we met up with them at the Hard Rock for a couple more drinks. After we all walked over to the North End for desert and coffee. If the weather cooperates for you walking around between Fanuiel Hall and the North End will be nice.

We had a great night.

Andover...
reviews: 6
10. Re: Bachelorette Party in Boston

I like Bostongal's plan...sounds like a lot of fun. The horse and buggy ride is a nice touch.