We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Clam Chowder in Boston

Which Boston hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New England
Best Clam Chowder in Boston

What do you guys think is the best Clam Chowder in Boston???

I love the Union Oyster House.. because of the atmosphere... and theyve had centuries to perfect it.

Sterling, VA
Destination Expert
for Washington DC
reviews: 135
1. Re: Best Clam Chowder in Boston

My husband likes Legal's clam chowder.

New Orleans...
reviews: 258
2. Re: Best Clam Chowder in Boston

Legal Seafood.

Boston
reviews: 18
3. Re: Best Clam Chowder in Boston

My uncle who worked at Boston's State House as an attorney for years and years would faithfully walk down to the Union for their Clam Chowder! Do you know, he, to this day still talks about how fantastic it is there. I've never had it from there, just grew up through the years with my uncle's thoughts on it all the time!

I've had Legal's and it's really delicious, but there's something about that "Turner Fisheries Restaurant" in the Westin Copley Place Hotel that I absolutely love. I think I have to say that that's my favorite when I'm in town Boston!

We make it at home and there's a recipe from Bob's Clam Hut up in Kittery, ME.'s website that we use, www.bobsclamhut.com. It's SO good when you make it right from scratch!

Boston and...
reviews: 31
4. Re: Best Clam Chowder in Boston

This one is particularly fun. There are almost as many "Best of..." awards as there are servers of clam chowder in Boston. Really. Most major restaurants and hotels have one.

Before I read NoMo01's, I was going to vote for Turner's.

Boston...
reviews: 18
5. Re: Best Clam Chowder in Boston

I am probably the only Yankee around who doesn't like clam chowdah, but I do agree that you can't swing a cat around here without hitting a restaurant that has won a "Best of Boston" award for their chowder.

I can tell you this, however... I've taken many friends to Farnham's in Essex where they have consistently raved about their clam (and fish) chowders. Unfortunately, Farnham's doesn't open for the season until March 3, so if you're on the north shore, you'll have to try Woodman's, which is also on Rte 133 in Essex, and has gotten positive reviews from my friends on theirs.

New England
6. Re: Best Clam Chowder in Boston

I went to a place called Tom Shea's in Essex... a long time ago with my mother... it was awsome. You guys definitely have the best clams in the world up there.

Anyone ever been to Chowderfest??.. I think Mitchell's in Barnstable won last year, but I could be mistaken.

7. Re: Best Clam Chowder in Boston

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:09 pm, February 20, 2006