We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

first time to Boston --several questions

Which Boston hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ga
first time to Boston --several questions

Hi, my mother, daughter and I will be visiting B. for the very first time this Oct. We are staying at the Radisson in the theatrer district. I've been trying to find out as much info. on what we should do during our 4 full days. Besides the museums, aquarium,duck tours, swan boats, we were thinking about doing a whale watching tour. I noticed that most of the tours were for the summer mo. only. Any whale excursions in Oct? Is there ice skating at the Boston Commons this time of year? And, what would anyone suggest to pack for a touring family that dosen't want to bring everything but the kitchen sink.

Thank you

Boston
reviews: 2
11. Re: first time to Boston --several questions

downtown Boston is very walkable; not a great distance from one end to the other. I would suggest a nice leisurely walk from the Prudential Center down Boylston, maybe switch over down Newbury or Comm. Ave, past the many shops and restaurants of Back Bay, past theLibrary/Copley Square/Hancock Tower, then cut through the Public Garden and Boston Common, thru downtown crossing, and down Washington Street to the Faneuil Hall area, and then straight thru the marketplace to Christopher Columbus Park on the waterfront. You can always take the T back if all the walking is too much. Along the entire way, there will be so much to see that will capture your attention. Lots of hustle and bustle along this entire route, old and new architecture, interesting shops, cafes and the such. Maybe walk along the Esplanade, the park area along the shore of the Charles River.