We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Whale Watching

Which Boston hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore
Whale Watching

Kindly advise me where to go for whale watching and how to go there? I heard now its the season to go and whale watch...Thanks so much!

San Francisco...
reviews: 6
1. Re: Whale Watching

You can take in a whale watch through Boston Harbor Cruises. The pavilion is at Long Wharf, Atlantic Avenue, between the Marriott and the Aquarium. They go out each day, and it is a whole day's adventure.

Check out http://www.bostonharborcruises.com/

nebraska
reviews: 4
2. Re: Whale Watching

I see the New England Aquarium also offers a whale watch. Does anyone know if one is better than the other? We want to take one in August, and are not sure which company we should use.

San Francisco...
reviews: 6
3. Re: Whale Watching

The only difference might be in the content of the presentation. The aquarium may have more of a scientific bent than the one by BHC. Worth a call to both to see what you get. Might also just be a cost differential.

Philadelphia
reviews: 29
4. Re: Whale Watching

I was delighted with the whale watching cruise offered by Boston Harbor cruises when we went last summer. But, the guide told us we were extremely lucky to have so many whale sightings on one cruise. FYI: if you or your companions get seasick you might want to consider some dramamine, as the water was rough during the entire cruise.

Boston, MA
5. Re: Whale Watching

Beantown Whale Watch is included when you get a Go Boston Card, if you're going to a bunch of Boston sites, duck tours, museum, aquarium, etc it might be a good idea to grab one. They can be really fun. Hopefully you'll see a few! I once saw one break 200 feet from the boat. The splash was huge. Totally unexpected

Massachusetts
reviews: 1
6. Re: Whale Watching

I went with the whale watch company that accpets the goboston card and the experience was totally frustrating. We only saw three and they were ver far awar from us, and close to the two catamarans that belong to the Boston Harbor Cruise and New England Aquarium companies. The one we took (I think it's the Massachusetts Bay Company) was a slow boat. All the passengers could see how the catamarans were quickly reacting to be closer to the whales and our boat did not move. It was ironic to hear the captain announding: "there is a finn whale near those two boats!". We practically saw nothing and we did not get our money back. On the contrary, the captain remimded us all that we had seen three whales, although for a little time and from far, and she said that our trip had been an interesting one. I had taken a whale watch tour in Bar Harbor, Maine, last year, and the experience was much more positive. I think that if Mass. Bay Company wants to charge a lot of money they should also invest in better technology.