We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for help with dinner choices

Which Asheville hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Lafayette Hill...
Looking for help with dinner choices

Hi

I am planning a retreat to Asheville for about 70 people We will be staying at The Grove Park Inn. I am looking for dinner suggestions for Saturday night that our group can split up and dine on their own. Some of the group will be around or near the Biltmore in the afternoon and some will be in town.

In addition we are looking for a lunch place for about 25 somewhere in between the JCC and the Grove Park Inn.

Thanks in Advance!

Asheville, NC
reviews: 32
1. Re: Looking for help with dinner choices

You could consider the Grovewood Cafe which is right next door to the Grove Park Inn withing a short walk or their Vanderbilt Wing. Good lunch or dinner option.

Downtown has tons of choices. You could easily roam about downtown and find something good. Barleys, Wicked Weed Brewery, Posana, Curate on Biltmore Ave. Packs Tavern in Pack Square. Tupelo Honey cafe, Mayfels, Table, Lexington Ave Brewery downtown. Lots of choices. Biltmore Village has Corner Kitchen, Village Wayside, Neo Burrito, Red Stagg grille and Ruth Chris' Steakhouse.

Asheville, NC
2. Re: Looking for help with dinner choices

Hi there,

The Asheville CVB here. For groups of your size I recommend Pack's Tavern in downtown. There's also Isa's Bistro which just opened and has plenty of seating. The chef there is the former Executive chef of Horizons at Grove Park Inn.

The JCC is very close to Grove Park Inn so you're limited on the number of lunch choices. There's a Fuddrucker's which would be good for a large group, however I recommend going to Homegrown on Merrimon Ave. They have some great southern dishes.

Enjoy your trip!

Chattanooga...
Destination Expert
for Chattanooga, Blowing Rock, North Carolina Smoky Mountains
reviews: 83
3. Re: Looking for help with dinner choices

I agree with Lexington Ave. Brewery. For any drivers, the Well Bread Bakery in Weaverville. The best Rugelah you ever ate!!!!

4. Re: Looking for help with dinner choices

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, July 13, 2014