We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

returned from asheville

Which Asheville hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
nj
returned from asheville

Its a beautiful place, weather is great, people so pleasant however, to live there when moving from NJ / NY metro area ( Bergen County) is not the answer. I see tons of houses with poor quality over priced, no good places to shop, not even a Macy's. Bad food, maybe a few good places but not like here and overpriced housing. I can't see living in a county where the median age is 39 and most of the people make less than 20,000 a year. I also feel the housing market will not hold its value with no corporate businesses coming in. Its a GREAT PLACE TO RETIRE, great place to vacation but to move from NY metro area where you own a house that is worth a lot and to move there and MUST GO TO FIND A JOB not possible. I did love the mountains, too bad. RETIRE TO ASHEVILLE!!!!!!!!!

Marshall, North...
reviews: 27
1. Re: returned from asheville

Well, I agree with the housing but "Macy's" is about the only place we dont have. The shopping here is great!!! The food bad?? Now, its not the cajun cusine I was raised on but you definately belong up north if you think the food in the south is bad. Enjoy NY!!!!!!

northern Illinois
reviews: 7
2. Re: returned from asheville

To compare ANYTHING in Asheville to New Joizey or NYC is hysterical.Maybe some of the houses are better built there,but you eventually have to step outside of it-no thanks

florida
3. Re: returned from asheville

yea,PLEASE stay in Joizey

Virginia
Destination Expert
for Virginia Beach
reviews: 14
4. Re: returned from asheville

You might try the greater Raleigh area...I mean the smaller communities that are in the midst of growing or just beginning. Just when you think Raleigh is done growing...there's another sattelite, once sleepy farm community that is the new place to build and live. That's an excellent sign of growth. And you don't have to live in the heart of a city, since perhaps the mts' nature in Asheville was a draw there. Lots of choices all around Raleigh. And those towns are not too far from ocean and mts.

5. Re: returned from asheville

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:18 pm, August 11, 2009