We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Biltmore in December-- which tour?

Which Asheville hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Port Orange, Florida
Level Contributor
111 posts
46 reviews
Biltmore in December-- which tour?

We've been to Biltmore once for the spring flower festival, and LOVED the estate and all there is to do. We are thinking of going up in December to see it all decorated for Christmas, and I have a few questions:

Is the evening tour worth the extra cost? Obviously the lights will be the highlight, but I assume the tour is the same?

Are the grounds decorated too, or just dormant and in eventful until spring?

Any recommendations would be great.

We'd be traveling for four days with our service dog, and were looking at Aloft as a possibility. Thoughts?

Thanks all!

Northampton, United...
Level Contributor
2,061 posts
79 reviews
1. Re: Biltmore in December-- which tour?

hey there, I haven't been to Biltmore yet, but will be going in a few weeks, if you do decide to do the Christmas Evenings, you can go visit the grounds the same day in the daylight or the next, as well as Antler Village.

But I'd act quick, as I didn't book my tickets straight away for the Xmas Evenings and instead of the 1st time slot of 5:45pm I believe, I could now only book the 6:30pm slot :(

Enjoy your trip -- I've personally go for the Xmas one, if you have already seen the house before in the daylight, why not go for the evening one?!

Level Contributor
560 posts
30 reviews
2. Re: Biltmore in December-- which tour?

My family and I are opting for the evening tour. We've taken a daytime tour before but my feeling is that we'd get a better experience touring the house in the evening to see it all lit up. I just wish I could find discount tickets for the time period we'll be there. Dec 29-Jan 1).

Level Contributor
10 posts
29 reviews
3. Re: Biltmore in December-- which tour?

When I called for information about the evening visits, I was reminded that as the lights will be more dim it isn't as easy to see some details of the house and its contents.

Asheville, NC
Level Contributor
185 posts
4. Re: Biltmore in December-- which tour?

Hi there,

The Asheville CVB here. If you haven't been to see Candlelight, then it's totally worth it. It's very pretty.

Have fun!

Port Orange, Florida
Level Contributor
111 posts
46 reviews
5. Re: Biltmore in December-- which tour?

Thanks for the feedback everyone. We decided to do the candlelight tour a few days before Christmas. A few days in Asheville at Christmas is just what we Floridians need to get in the spirit!

6. Re: Biltmore in December-- which tour?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:17 am, December 16, 2013