We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Charlotte to Asheville after the storm

Which Asheville hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
minneapolis
reviews: 23
Charlotte to Asheville after the storm

We are flying in to Charlotte on Monday with our actualy destination being Asheville. I see much of the Blue Ridge Pkwy is closed. Is there currently an open route from Charlotte to Asheville?

Thanks much!

Jan

Chapel Hill, North...
reviews: 13
1. Re: Charlotte to Asheville after the storm

Charlotte to Asheville shouldn't be any problem at all.

Parts of the Blue Ridge Parkway are currently closed according to the National Park Service website, but other necessary roads are clear. From what I hear from folks in Asheville most of the snow has already melted there. The parkway goes through higher elevations and since it is not an essential road they do not clear it when the weather is bad. They just close it down. Other roads are fine, though.

nps.gov/blri/planyourvisit/roadclosures.htm

Asheville, NC
reviews: 32
2. Re: Charlotte to Asheville after the storm

Take I-40 West all the way to Asheville. Easy drive.

3. Re: Charlotte to Asheville after the storm

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:18 am, November 09, 2013