We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

live music

Which Asheville hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Campbellsville...
live music

Wife and I traveling to Asheville for extended weekend. Want to hit the craft breweries and take in some live music as well. Suggestions for a couple of early 50's folks that enjoy good music and brew without getting into an early 20's crowd? Thanks!

North Carolina
Destination Expert
for North Carolina, Winston Salem
reviews: 26
1. Re: live music

You didn't say what kind of music you like, but Asheville has one of the best venues in the country in the Orange Peel Social Club. They bring in an eclectic mix of great music. The upcoming schedule includes Lindsey Buckingham, Morrissey, The Carolina Chocolate Drops, Jimmy Herring & Victor Wooten (I'd kill to see this one, but unfortunately I can't make it), and more.

Jack of the Wood downtown has a great music schedule as well, including Southern Culture on the Skids this weekend! But dang it, I can't make that one either :(

Here's a link that should help:

exploreasheville.com/things-to-do/…

Have fun!

Campbellsville...
2. Re: live music

opps!...rock and roll, some country and bluegrass. Will the crowds be REAL young?

Chapel Hill, North...
reviews: 13
3. Re: live music

If you'll be there this weekend, go see Southern Culture On The Skids at Jack of the Wood on Saturday. Won't be a young crowd — should be very mixed. The band has been around 25 yrs so they draw all ages. Very fun band — rock, country, surf, hillbilly, funny mix. Always a great time. Everybody has fun at a SCOTS show. Here's Southern Culture performing at Asheville Bele Chere festival from 2010: http://youtu.be/QmFO7VGWXGc Rick is an amazing guitarist and can do anything on it!

Jack of the Wood has you covered on the beer/brewery front, too. It's a great pub.

Edited: 9:29 am, November 02, 2012
North Carolina
Destination Expert
4. Re: live music

^ Agreed Pancho, SCOTS is a great live band. They know how to work a crowd. I used to see them often when I lived in CH in the 80's, and my old band even played a couple of shows with them. They've only gotten better since then.

And catfan, I find that most any show in Asheville will have a wide age range among the crowd, so don't worry about that at all. I'm the same age range as you, and I've never felt out of place there. Besides, it's not your age; it's your attitude! :)

Campbellsville...
5. Re: live music

Awesome!! Thanks for the suggestion. I think we'll hit the SCOTS show. Wife is concerned that my plan to hit every brewery in Asheville from noon Sat. thru Monday night may do her in though!! (and possibly me as well)

North Carolina
Destination Expert
6. Re: live music

^ Hey, it just might do you in, but it's still a great plan!

Hope you enjoy the show. Be sure to come back here and tell us about it!.

Campbellsville...
7. Re: live music

If I can remember any of it I certainly will. Appreciate the help!

Livonia, Michigan
reviews: 28
8. Re: live music

Check out Tressa's downtown for music and a lively atmosphere.

http://www.tressas.com/

9. Re: live music

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, November 16, 2013