We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Blue ridge parkway

Which Asheville hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Uruguay
Blue ridge parkway

Which are the best sites not to miss in this long road? I have only two days and two nights to be there.

Alejandro

NC
reviews: 10
1. Re: Blue ridge parkway

It's a 435 mile road. Are you driving the entire route? Tell what part you will be on and we can help. There are thousands of possibilities.

Raleigh, North...
reviews: 6
2. Re: Blue ridge parkway

My favorite stretch is from about two miles north of Blowing Rock south over Linn Cove viaduct and Grandfather Mountain. You will pass Cone manor, which is worth a stop and browse, as well as Price Lake. I wonder if this stretch might be closed today based on the snowfall yesterday. That is always a risk in winter.

Uruguay
3. Re: Blue ridge parkway

I will be departing from Ashville, was planing to go first south and then north no further than Roanoke

Uruguay
4. Re: Blue ridge parkway

Thanks for your adivise. I was thinking that Ashville to the south was the best part to see. I have seen the alerts after Sandy hope the wind didnt literally blow the fall foliage. I have to check this in the parkway site before going.

Asheville, NC
reviews: 32
5. Re: Blue ridge parkway

I highly recommend you check this site asap

http://www.nps.gov/blri/index.htm

The Parkway is closed due to snow and ice in both directions. High winds from the hurricane have stripped most of the foliage and the roads are very hazardous. Pisgah Inn to the south has shut down earlier than usual due to the weather. Plan ahead!

Chapel Hill, North...
reviews: 13
6. Re: Blue ridge parkway

Grandfather Mountain has been closed the past few days because of snow and high winds also.

On the bright side, Sugar Mountain is open for skiing and winter sports.

Uruguay
7. Re: Blue ridge parkway

Thanks for all your advises...I cancelled the trip....

8. Re: Blue ridge parkway

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:20 am, November 22, 2013