We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

asheville shopping

Which Asheville hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
little rock arkansas
Destination Expert
for Little Rock, Arkansas
reviews: 249
asheville shopping

My wife and daughter like going in stores, galleries, jewelry, books, clothing etc - not so much the chain stuff, but the local type places. Would Biltmore Village be a good place to walk around for this? What about downtown? Are there local shops there and if so what street? Not so much to buy (I hope) but interesting stores to look at. Thanks

Asheville, North...
reviews: 11
1. Re: asheville shopping

start with downtown. All easy to walk.

Asheville, NC
reviews: 32
2. Re: asheville shopping

Biltmore Village has a lot of good options. A couple arts and crafts type stores like Bellagio, clothing like Talbots, JCrew and Brooks Brothers. Good dining at Corner Kitchen. Downtown will have lots more options. Biltmore Avenue to Broadway has Mast General Store, Bruisin Ales, good food like Barleys and Gourmet Chip Co. Lexington Ave has lots of cool shops. Haywood street has Malaprops bookstore and the Woolworth Walk. Grove Arcade has good dining and shopping options.

little rock arkansas
Destination Expert
for Little Rock, Arkansas
reviews: 249
3. Re: asheville shopping

Thanks! Great post - real helpful.

Kentucky
reviews: 12
4. Re: asheville shopping

I would highly recommend the Southern Highlands Craft Guild craft shops. Don't let the term "craft shops" deter you, though. The shops feel more like galleries or boutiques. They showcase the finest traditional and contemporary crafts of the Southern Appalachians in a variety of media including: fiber, clay, wood, glass, metal, paper, and natural materials, and are my favorite places for finding unique and beautiful jewelry.

There are a total of 5 shops but my favorite is the Allan Craft Shop at the Folk Art Center, milepost 382 on the Blue Ridge Parkway.

http://www.southernhighlandguild.org/

New York City, New...
reviews: 563
5. Re: asheville shopping

Teehan..

We are coming this week- only have a couple days. I love ceramics but any contemporary crafts. If I can only go to one of the Guild shops- is the Alanstand the best? I will also try the galleries in the arts district.

Kentucky
reviews: 12
6. Re: asheville shopping

Yes, Allanstand Craft Shop is my favorite. Also located there at the Folk Art Center are 3 galleries with outstanding craft worked displayed.

New York City, New...
reviews: 563
7. Re: asheville shopping

Great ..on my way.

Edited: 4:58 pm, August 15, 2012
8. Re: asheville shopping

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, August 19, 2013