We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Teenagers - afternoon/evening activities for a week

Which McLean hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Virginia
Level Contributor
146 posts
187 reviews
Teenagers - afternoon/evening activities for a week

I will be chaperoning teenage girls for a week in Northern VA (Mclean) and would like to hear any suggestions on what we can do in the late afternoons/evenings during the week. Georgetown?

Maybe Alexandria. I have a car but can take Metro if recommended.

5 replies to this topic
Virginia Beach...
Level Contributor
199 posts
10 reviews
1. Re: Teenagers - afternoon/evening activities for a week

Lots of different activities to do in the area. I would suggest posting your question on the Washington D.C. forum. You will get more responses.

Level Contributor
161 posts
29 reviews
2. Re: Teenagers - afternoon/evening activities for a week

Definitely Georgetown. Tons of fun shopping and they'd enjoy eating at Serendipity. Tyson Corner Mall is a large mall with plenty of stores, restaurants and a movie theatre. D.C. has great museums and monuments worth seeing.

Virginia
Level Contributor
146 posts
187 reviews
3. Re: Teenagers - afternoon/evening activities for a week

Wrengirl - would Georgetown be fun to shop with limited budget (after only a couple of hours in Tysons Corner, they spent their $)? Girls don't have much to spend but I am sure cool, funky stores would be fun to go into. Also, where do you suggest I park in Georgetown?

Level Contributor
161 posts
29 reviews
4. Re: Teenagers - afternoon/evening activities for a week

Georgetown has a lot of the smaller chain stores but a fun vibe the teens like. Not sure I'd call it budget. There are a couple parking garages just off the main street. That's where we normally park. If you go to Serendipity be prepared for a wait. You might want to put your name in and walk around for a bit after depending on the wait time. The frozen hot chocolate is a popular treat there. I don't get it, but my daughter loves it. If you want discount shopping there are tons of TJ Maxx and Marshalls stores in the area. Just google them.

Virginia
Level Contributor
146 posts
187 reviews
5. Re: Teenagers - afternoon/evening activities for a week

We hit TJ Maxx and Marshalls yesterday but thanks for the suggestion. We may venture to Georgetown tomorrow.

Reply to: Teenagers - afternoon/evening activities for a week
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about McLean