We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Teenagers - afternoon/evening activities for a week

Which McLean hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Virginia
reviews: 127
Teenagers - afternoon/evening activities for a week

I will be chaperoning teenage girls for a week in Northern VA (Mclean) and would like to hear any suggestions on what we can do in the late afternoons/evenings during the week. Georgetown?

Maybe Alexandria. I have a car but can take Metro if recommended.

5 replies to this topic
Virginia Beach...
reviews: 9
1. Re: Teenagers - afternoon/evening activities for a week

Lots of different activities to do in the area. I would suggest posting your question on the Washington D.C. forum. You will get more responses.

reviews: 29
2. Re: Teenagers - afternoon/evening activities for a week

Definitely Georgetown. Tons of fun shopping and they'd enjoy eating at Serendipity. Tyson Corner Mall is a large mall with plenty of stores, restaurants and a movie theatre. D.C. has great museums and monuments worth seeing.

Virginia
3. Re: Teenagers - afternoon/evening activities for a week

Wrengirl - would Georgetown be fun to shop with limited budget (after only a couple of hours in Tysons Corner, they spent their $)? Girls don't have much to spend but I am sure cool, funky stores would be fun to go into. Also, where do you suggest I park in Georgetown?

reviews: 29
4. Re: Teenagers - afternoon/evening activities for a week

Georgetown has a lot of the smaller chain stores but a fun vibe the teens like. Not sure I'd call it budget. There are a couple parking garages just off the main street. That's where we normally park. If you go to Serendipity be prepared for a wait. You might want to put your name in and walk around for a bit after depending on the wait time. The frozen hot chocolate is a popular treat there. I don't get it, but my daughter loves it. If you want discount shopping there are tons of TJ Maxx and Marshalls stores in the area. Just google them.

Virginia
5. Re: Teenagers - afternoon/evening activities for a week

We hit TJ Maxx and Marshalls yesterday but thanks for the suggestion. We may venture to Georgetown tomorrow.

Reply to: Teenagers - afternoon/evening activities for a week
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about McLean