We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Am I a tightwad or what?

Which McLean hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Central Virginia
reviews: 23
Am I a tightwad or what?

We recently stayed in McLean so we could attend the Chevy Rev it Up racing experience in the parking lot of Fed-Ex field. Sunday morning we were looking for a place to eat that was a little better than the Best Western's restaurant. We called the Ritz and were told that the Brunch was $75.00 a person! I couldn't believe it, who would pay that much for a meal that early in the day? I thought it might be $50.00 tops. Am I trash or is that too dear a price to pay for brunch?

Ashburn, Virginia
reviews: 23
1. Re: Am I a tightwad or what?

You do realize you called the Ritz, right?

Personally, I couldn't stand to even pay $50. I'm more than happy with the Corner Bakery in Tysons II.

Bruceton Mills...
reviews: 3
2. Re: Am I a tightwad or what?

We went once because a neighbor was going away. Its a wonderful brunch. I pretended someone else was paying. Haven't been back, though. You're not a tightwad.

Sterling, VA
Destination Expert
for Washington DC
reviews: 135
3. Re: Am I a tightwad or what?

No--you're not a tightwad--I wouldn't pay that much for brunch, either. Well, I guess--as another poster mentioned--it is the Ritz after all so you can't expect anything to be cheap there...

4. Re: Am I a tightwad or what?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:17 pm, September 08, 2009
Get answers to your questions about McLean