After much debating, I've picked Moab for a late September trip. Its our first time in Moab and we love hiking/ biking/ adventurous activities.
Here's a draft itinerary:
Day 1: Drive from SLC to Moab. Stop at Arches Visitor Center, La Sal Mountain Overlook and do the Delicate Arch hike at sunset
Day 2: Open for canyoneering/ rafting trip. Yet to book.
Day 3: Sunrise at Landscape arch and complete the Devil's garden trail via primitive trail. Post lunch see Broken Arch and Sand Dune Arch. On the way back to Moab, stop at arches in Windows and Courthouse sections (assuming its quick to get to the viewpoints/arches in these sections)
Day 4: Fiery Furnace Guided hike. Corona Arch hike for sunset
Day 5: Dead Horse Point State Park for Sunrise. Viewpoints and short hikes at Islands in the sky (Mesa Arch, Grand View Point, Aztec Butte, Whale Rock, Upheaval Dome etc.)
Day 6: Neck Spring Tail and head back to SLC or head back to SLC stopping somewhere on the way
1. Any must-do hikes that I've missed or can I replace any of my hikes/site seeing with some other secret/special outing?
2. I've heard Canyonlands is one of the perfect parks for star gazing. Is there a specific place for star gazing, especially if you're not camping in the park, but staying at one of the lodges in Moab?
3. Any recommendations for getting packed lunches for hikes/ good, inexpensive dinner places?
4. Any recommendations for good adventure companies that help with canyoneering/ rafting? Also, any specific trails/tours?
5. Any interesting place(s) to stop by on Day 6 on my way back to SLC?