We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Moab from Glenwood spring

Which Moab hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New Jersey
Moab from Glenwood spring

Please help me plan. We will be driving from Glenwood spring to Moab.

We will have 2 full days in Moab and a day (same as we will drive from Glenwood spring to Moab).

What is the best itinerary? We would like to do some hiking, some biking, maybe rafting,4*4

Youngest child is 8.

How should we plan. Should we do some of the biking, rafting at Glenwood Springs or Moab area.

What are a Must see in Moab Area?

I was thinking of Arches, Canyon land, Dead Horse Parks..

Which of the above parks we need to spend whole day or should we spend half day and do some other activity. I appreciate your help!!!

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Travel Gadgets and Gear
reviews: 202
1. Re: Moab from Glenwood spring

Given your short time, you should think about rafting in Glenwood Springs where it's a bit more efficient. You can do a couple hour trip on the Colorado River there very close to town. And the river you get there will be more exciting than what you'll get on a short couple hour trip in Moab. Also do the hot springs. For restaurants, try The Pullman.

Easy drive to Moab. Get off I-70 at Danish Flat exit and visit the ghost town of Cisco then follow the Colorado River in to Moab. Do a day in Arches, day in Canyonlands/Dead Horse. Jeep or Hummer tour is great up on Hell's Revenge.

Have fun.

New Jersey
2. Re: Moab from Glenwood spring

Thank you for recommendation! Any recommendations on rafting in Glenwood Springs? Also biking what would you recommend? Should we do it in Glenwood (there is some biking down the canyon) or better in Moab?

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
3. Re: Moab from Glenwood spring

No specific rafting company in Glenwood, there are many. You can do a couple hour trip through fun rapids just minutes out of town along I-70. You can actually bike that same route and it's a fun trip actually. It's pretty flat with a nice paved trail that winds along the river under I-70. This may sound weird, but I think you would have a better experience biking in Glenwood along the river than you would in Moab. The fun stuff in Moab is generally tougher. Check off biking and rafting in Glenwood and you'll have more time to enjoy the redrock with hiking and a Hummer/Jeep tour in Moab.

New Jersey
4. Re: Moab from Glenwood spring

Thank YOU!!! Will do it. Any specific recommendations on Moab?

We will do one day Canyonland and Dead Horse Park . Would like to see sunset at one of the places.

On the day we arrive from Glenwood will do a Hell's Revange sunset tour

One more day Archers . Please suggest short hikes we can fit in this itinerary.

Also I would like to do Cannoning. I believe they offer it in Moab.Hope I can fit all in 2 days one evening....

Any recommendations on it?

Your help is greatly appreciated!!!!

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
5. Re: Moab from Glenwood spring

You're getting a lot into your time. In Arches, the quintessential hike is Delicate Arch at sunset. Great adventure, but will take the entire evening so just make sure you have time. For sunset in Canyonlands/Dead Horse any of the viewpoints work.

There are a few canyoneering opportunities in Moab. Best is Ephedra's Grotto. Your youngest at 8 might be too young but check. It's a half-day trip with two rappels and an easy downhill hike. It actually starts on Hell's Revenge and drops into Negro Bill Canyon, emptying out by the Colorado River. We use Cliffs and Canyons for that one. Check on the age requirement. They do have some other options but I can't give you firsthand info.

My overall recommendation, though, is to not over program yourself there. A big part of the joy of being in Moab is being able to sit back and take it all in.

Have fun.

New Jersey
6. Re: Moab from Glenwood spring

Thank you!! We might skip canyoning then considering it will take half of the day.

Moab, Utah
reviews: 3
7. Re: Moab from Glenwood spring

Hi,

The Canyoneering age limit is 8 with Red River Adventures.

Few better ways to take it all in than with a hike that takes you from the rim to the river's edge.

New Jersey
8. Re: Moab from Glenwood spring

HI Reiverpeople, Can you please give me details on that hike. My son is 8 so he is OK for that, but since we only have 2 full days and one evening in Moab I am afraid not enough time to do canyoning .:(

USA
reviews: 6
9. Re: Moab from Glenwood spring

Do you mean road biking or mountain biking? Moab is great for both.

Edited: 5:13 pm, June 26, 2013
Gerogery West...
Destination Expert
for Moab
reviews: 60
10. Re: Moab from Glenwood spring

This is the one T&C and riverpeople are referring to, Ephedra's Grotto top of the list.

redriveradventures.com/utah-canyoneering/

Red River Adventures are good.