We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Moab in September

Which Moab hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Buffalo, New York
reviews: 48
Moab in September

I will be traveling to Moab in September, we will be there for 3 full days. From Sept 8-11. We will hit Arches, Canyonlands & Dead Horse. I want to do a balloon ride AND the 4 hr. jet boat ride. Do you think I would have enough time to see and do everything (sunrise/sunset-short hikes/sightseeing/photo ops) in the 3 state/national parks? Along with the balloon ride and the jet boat are about 4 hrs. - just want to make sure they are something that can be done..if not, will have to reconsider..any other ideas?

After Moab were heading towards Bryce, then back up to Salt Lake City to head home. Want to make the most of the week in Utah. I know its NOT long enough-want to see and do the most while there.

Thanks!

Salt Lake City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah
reviews: 85
1. Re: Moab in September

You'll want one day for Arches.

You can see Canyonlands Island in the Sky and Dead Horse Point in one short day.

That leaves you one day for the boat ride and balloon ride. I expect the balloon ride would be early morning, so you'd have to figure out if that coincides with your boat ride time or if not then it would be a good combo for the Canyonlands day.

You might end up with an extra afternoon. For that I would recommend either a hike to Corona Arch, or a drive up 128 to Fisher Towers.

Another thing you might enjoy would be a sunset hummer tour.

Uden, The...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
reviews: 42
2. Re: Moab in September

If you are no hikers you can do Canyonlands Island in the Sky and Dead Horse point in half a day so maybe do your other activity in that day as well. But Kbec gave you great options.

Buffalo, New York
3. Re: Moab in September

Thank you for your wonderful ideas and advice. I will let my friends know what your recommend. A sunset hummer trip sounds awesome too! I hope the weather is nice for the trip in September to see & do ALL these great things!

Penrith, Australia
reviews: 2
4. Re: Moab in September

Which company are you having the balloon flight with? We really enjoy balloon flights and I hadn't realised there was one available around the canyon areas. We will be there early September and maybe able to fit one flight in. Where are you taking the flight from? I don't know the area well and as we are going with some American friends I haven't spent as much time as I usually do researching.

Buffalo, New York
5. Re: Moab in September

I have researched a few balloon trips..the BEST one from TripAdvisor is with Canyonlands Ballooning. Everyone gives it 5 stars...say its amazing!!! TripAdvisor has reviews & pics from numerous people who LOVED the balloon ride.

They go over Canyonlands at sunrise, check out their website. I talked a friend (who was hesitant about the balloon ride) she is now a YES!!!

Check it out, I think you will be glad you did!

Wrexham, North Wales
reviews: 18
6. Re: Moab in September

Just a question regarding the balloon flight. For our family of four the cost would be just over $1,000 and on their web site it suggests a gratuity of between 12 and 20%. Does this mean I would have to pay between $120 and $200 on top of the cost ? This would result in us not going. I usually tip a standard rate in the UK and not pro-rata

Thanks in advance

Uden, The...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
reviews: 42
7. Re: Moab in September

Tipping is free but common in the USA. You are the only one to decide how much you tip. So you don't HAVE to pay the tip. I won't tip $ 200,-- for this. Maybe $ 50,-- but that's just me.

Wrexham, North Wales
reviews: 18
8. Re: Moab in September

Thanks, my wage is around $130 a day so I'm not too happy paying this much.

Penrith, Australia
reviews: 2
9. Re: Moab in September

We're also doing the balloon flight in September, and wondered about the tip. I checked out the prices for flights in Australia and plan to add a tip so the overall costs would be the same or similar. Seashell, which day are you flying? We're booked for Sept 10th, might see you.

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
reviews: 119
10. Re: Moab in September

Tips aren't based on what you earn. They are based on the price or fee for the service you are employing or consuming. The balloon pilot and crew are paid a minimum wage plus tips. Without the tips they couldn't afford to be there for you.

Many visitors from outside the US complain about tips and suggest that the workers should just receive a higher wage. That would result in a higher base price for the product or service. When in Rome, as they say...