We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Arches trip coincides with Jeep Safari

Which Moab hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, England
reviews: 12
Arches trip coincides with Jeep Safari

Hi,

You have all been very helpful before so I was hoping I could ask you another question.

We have firmed up our April 2014 plans and flights are booked and hotels bookended between Zion and Las Vegas via the GC (lodge already booked).

Anyway, the days we were planning to be in Moab are the 12-13th April which is the start of the Jeep Safari. We could get there on the 11th instead but we had planned on that being Torrey as we want to limit the driving everyday.

So my question is how bad will it be, we were hoping to phone on August 1st and try and get a cabin at Moab Rv. Will that now be very difficult? Should we pay more to stay at somewhere less affected? We were hoping to save money here as we want to try for The View and we will already have had a few days in LA at the beginning of the holiday.

We are a family of 4 with young children who were planning to do short Arches hikes and junior ranger stuff etc.

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Travel Gadgets and Gear
reviews: 200
1. Re: Arches trip coincides with Jeep Safari

We go to Jeep Safari every year. We have never paid more that week than any comparable week. Never had an issue getting into a restaurant. Yes, there are a lot of Jeeps but you won't notice it in Arches at all. It is a really busy time for campgrounds so can't tell you how you'll be impacted. You're also on the front end of the week and it will be busier later. We usually go down both weekends. Biggest impact will be that you'll see a lot of really cool Jeeps on Main Street.

I wouldn't worry about it.

Have fun.

London, England
2. Re: Arches trip coincides with Jeep Safari

Thanks! I wasn't going to be stressed about it as those are the only few days we can do and, as you say, the children will probably find it really cool and different. It was just reading other peoples threads about it that got me worried.

Salt Lake City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah
reviews: 85
3. Re: Arches trip coincides with Jeep Safari

The most important part will be to have your lodging. Some of our family who have gone many years on the Jeep Safari always book their spot a year out.

One year we booked a trip to Mt Rushmore and later found out it was Sturgis week ( a HUGE motorcycle rally). I had to carefully consider whether we wanted to deal with that. It turned out to be half the fun watching all the motorcycles. So don't worry too much. They won't be going to the parks where I expect you'll be.

London, England
4. Re: Arches trip coincides with Jeep Safari

Yes, the trouble is that we cant book the accommodation we ideally want until August. Maybe I should book a second choice and then cancel nearer the time. I will have a think about that.

Thanks!

Gerogery West...
Destination Expert
for Moab
reviews: 60
5. Re: Arches trip coincides with Jeep Safari

I think you've got the good advice already. Nothing to worry about in the national parks during Jeep Safari but, yes, a backup accommodation plan would be a good idea. Pick something decent that is fully cancellable and hope for the best in August.

Salt Lake City, UT
reviews: 9
6. Re: Arches trip coincides with Jeep Safari

I'd certainly avoid Moab and vicinity during that period. But others may have more tolerance for the crowds and general foolishness of such an event. I suppose coming from the UK you could look at it as a cultural experience, getting to see Americans' love affair with silly machine vs. nature antics.

7. Re: Arches trip coincides with Jeep Safari

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, June 04, 2014