We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for Harpers Ferry secrets.

Which Harpers Ferry hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Salisbury, Maryland
reviews: 73
Looking for Harpers Ferry secrets.

I've been to Harpers Ferry and I love it. I've seen all the regular attractions. What I'm looking for is off the beaten path kind of places that the normal tourist doesn't get to see. Secret places historical spots. Got any ideas?

16 replies to this topic
Morgantown, West...
Destination Expert
for Morgantown
reviews: 28
1. Re: Looking for Harpers Ferry secrets.

I hope you get some good responses. I live in a different part of West Virginia, and don't make it to the Eastern Panhandle often, so I really don't have much to offer. There is a unique "Ghost Tour" of Harper's Ferry that is very popular. They even have a special nighttime tour on Halloween that you can check out: http://www.harpersferryghost.20m.com/

Salisbury, Maryland
2. Re: Looking for Harpers Ferry secrets.

No responses yet but I found a sight about a little known cave …blogspot.com/2011/…

It's supposed to be between Potomac and high st. If anyone has the exact location let me know.

Charles Town, West...
reviews: 7
3. Re: Looking for Harpers Ferry secrets.

That cave is hardly little known. It is featured on the Ghost Tour. It's below the Secret Six Tavern's deck.

Fort Belvoir...
reviews: 120
4. Re: Looking for Harpers Ferry secrets.

As an Eastern Panhandle native, I'm not sure if there are any secrets spots for Harper's Ferry. If there are no one's telling. Aside from ghosts balls screaming the tracks in Harper's Ferry. Haunted buildings and such. If you find a side road that's always worked for me to stumble across something.

Salisbury, Maryland
5. Re: Looking for Harpers Ferry secrets.

I love side roads and dirt roads you do find some interesting places there. Everyplace has a spot the locals see everyday and don't pay attention to and the tourists don't get to see. Like the rock carvings at Gettysburg and the Indian punch bowl in Fredricksburg. What about Bolivar anything interesting there?

Fort Belvoir...
6. Re: Looking for Harpers Ferry secrets.

Not too sure about Bolivar.

Hagerstown, Maryland
Destination Expert
for Beach Vacations
reviews: 59
7. Re: Looking for Harpers Ferry secrets.

Just in case you want some action, this weekend is a great time to visit.

herald-mail.com/news/…605392.story

The re-enactments in the area are usually very cool to be a part of.

Fort Belvoir...
8. Re: Looking for Harpers Ferry secrets.

There ya go ! Love when re-enactors get together !

Salisbury, Maryland
9. Re: Looking for Harpers Ferry secrets.

Me too. Anyone know where the entrance to John Browns cave is?

Salisbury, Maryland
10. Re: Looking for Harpers Ferry secrets.

I found some local legend about the Bolivar spring house. waymarking.com/waymarks/WM6FY1_Bolivar_Sprin…

Reply to: Looking for Harpers Ferry secrets.
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted