We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Winifield Inn

Which Bayfield hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
wisconsin
reviews: 4
Winifield Inn

Did anyone stay in rooms 28 or 29?How are the views?

8 replies to this topic
WI
Destination Expert
for Wisconsin, Colorado Springs
reviews: 95
1. Re: Winifield Inn

info@winfieldinn.com I would ask them directly. We stay at the Seagull Bay Motel in Bayfield which says directly on their website: "Spectacular Views of Lake Superior (except 28, 29, 30)". Please note this isn't at the Winfield Inn. That's what I've always liked about Seagull Bay is how up front they are about the views and little details that are big like that. So ask Winfield Inn to do the same if they can post it on their website or honestly give you that detail you'd like. If I'd stayed there before in those rooms I would definitely fill you in. I will say if you're ever looking for Lake Superior view, quiet, great hosts, clean, convenient to trail below, with a shuttle to the Big Top and more.... ;-) Seagull Bay though not fancy is very nice and a lake view too (and did I mention much cheaper than the rest in the area).

Edited: 8:08 pm, June 30, 2013
blaine, mn
reviews: 11
2. Re: Winifield Inn

ladyluckwisconsin - wondering if you stayed at the Winfield Inn? I am looking at going there at the end of August and have the same question as you.

Edited: 10:56 am, July 03, 2013
blaine, mn
reviews: 11
3. Re: Winifield Inn

Just spoke with the Inn. Rooms 28 and 29 are on the first level. Said they do have lake views.

wisconsin
4. Re: Winifield Inn

Made reservations for room 29 will post how it is. Plan on taking the Grand Tour and the Glass Bottom Boat tours.

WI
Destination Expert
5. Re: Winifield Inn

I'm interested in hearing about your experiences there and especially with the glass bottom boat tour. I went on one years ago in MI and really enjoyed that particular one.

wisconsin
6. Re: Winifield Inn

I am there right now and it is beautiful. Not fancy but has character. All rooms have a view. We were in 29 but changed to 8 because my husband had a hard time walking down the steps. This room is just as nice. Had a 4 hour drive so just went to a deli and picked up sandwiches. Tomorrow we go on the boat tour.It reminds me of Maine.Will post about the boat rides.

WI
Destination Expert
7. Re: Winifield Inn

Enjoy your travels thanks for the update thus far, all sounds nice there. The Iron Bridge is a neat spot, you can park right by it. Berry picking is wonderful if you like berries. Breakfast or lunch at the Landmark Restaurant at The Old Rittenhouse Inn is a real treat. The Egg Toss Café has good breakfast.

Edited: 10:19 am, July 29, 2013
wisconsin
8. Re: Winifield Inn

Went on the Apostle Island cruise but not the glass bottom boat. Had enough cruising the 3.5 hour Island Cruise. It was fine at first but then every island started to look alike, did like the lighthouses and the narrator was good.I can now say been there, did that.

Reply to: Winifield Inn
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted