We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

visting san fransico for christmas

Which San Francisco hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
sunrise,fl
visting san fransico for christmas

hi i am visting san fransico with my husband for xmas through new years day.we are both in our late 40 sand i was looking for a relaxing week away from every body.he wants a 5 star large hotel (new) for xmas weekend .not really into sightseeing more into pampering/I also was looking for a couple of days along the ca.coast /a hotel or a resort along the ocean something with fireplaces, oceanveiws,spas.any info on ritz carlton in sf and also half moon bay thank you in advance /southhampton

Bellingham, WA
reviews: 6
1. Re: visting san fransico for christmas

SF likely to be cool and rainy that time of year. Personally, I would go for San Diego, Santa Barbara, or some place in Southern Cal that time of year. Take nice weather with your pampering and ocean views. If San Diego, take tour to Ensenada, Mexico for a day.

sussex, U.K
reviews: 2
2. Re: visting san fransico for christmas

Hi,

My husband and I are spending New Year in S.F., as we usuallydo.We are the same age group as you. Check out the Pan Pacific Hotel, just off Union Square, if you want pampering.The complimentary Butler service does evrything you could wish for at the touch of a button, from running you a bath at 3:00a.m in the night, to arranging food from outside the hotel to be bought in. The bathroom is divine, both Power shower and bath, with T.V and complimentory robes. We visited Half Moon Bay last June and it is divine, quite and relaxing, with amazing coastal views. We hired horses to ride along the oceans edge, fantastic, even though my husband had never ridden before! Guides are available.Hope this helps you. Enjoy your trip

Regards Kristyann

Austin, TX
3. Re: visting san fransico for christmas

If you like the Ritz... both the SF and HMB resorts are superb. I like in Austin now but am a native San Franciscan. Lovely views from the HMB location - www.ritzcarlton.com/resorts/half_moon_bay/

The Pan Pacific recommendation is a good one. There are many others, try checking out this site... it has all the best hotels (some large even is the site is called elegant small hotels)

One that we found on that site is Huntington Hotel and Nob Hill Spa- San Francisco... very wonderful - a favorite among visiting dignitaries, nobility, celebrities and discriminating travelers. Has individually designed rooms, even has a fantastic the full service spa and wellness center that was redone by a feng shui expert...

Carla

Austin, TX
4. Re: visting san fransico for christmas

Forgot the site! http://www.elegantsmallhotel.com/

Seal Beach...
reviews: 7
5. Re: visting san fransico for christmas

I agree that San Francisco can be just to cold and windy to contemplate for Christmas! I might recommend flying in there and spending a day or so sightseeing and then driving down the coast to Santa Barbara where the weather is more mild and temperate. Avoid staying at Bacara at all costs! Though it is in a magnificent location and they advertise being "Five Star", it is seriously overblown, overprices and has absolutely TERRIBLE service! Also very far from downtown Santa Barbara (it's actually in Goleta, about 12 miles north of SB.) Not worth what you will pay to stay there.

Better, in my opinion, is the Four Seasons Biltmore Santa Barbara. It is on the ocean, truly five-star with a new spa, fantastic service, gorgeous grounds and two great restaurants - one casual and one excellent five-star called La Marina. It is a unique property for a Four Seasons, as it was originally built in the early 1900's and is architecturally individual, with Spanish and Moorish influences, palm trees and individual cottages on the beautiful, grassy grounds, along with regular hotel rooms.

As you desire the full treatment, I couldn't recommend more highly staying in one of the cottage rooms with a fireplace and sitting room - just lovely. Use their fantastic spa (in room massages are available or if the weather permits, in-patio massages outdoors.) A short walk up the street to Montecito (Coast Village Road ) gives even more options for restaurants, "Rodeo Drive" type shopping and day spa options.

I worked here for several years as a Banquet Manager and still believe it to be one of the two most beautiful hotels in California (along with the Mission Inn in Riverside - also amazing!) Look it up online through the Four Seasons website. I promise it is even more gorgeous than the pics you will see on the website!

Call soon, though, if you are going over a weekend. They will sell out of rooms to those attending holiday parties, as will most hotels in major cities during December.

Have a wonderful trip and a Happy Holiday!