We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cheap/reasonable parking near to get to the Alcatraz Ferry

Which San Francisco hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore
reviews: 16
Cheap/reasonable parking near to get to the Alcatraz Ferry

As above, I am looking for a good place to park my car while I go on the Alcatraz cruise.

Are there any advice/suggestions?

I know that I can park at one of the BART stations and then travel by public transport but that would be a little troublesome because after the tour I would like to drive past the Golden Gate Bridge.

Advice is deeply appreciated.

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
reviews: 131
1. Re: Cheap/reasonable parking near to get to the Alcatraz Ferry

No cheap parking . Opposite the pier there is parking as well as opposite pier 39 a short walk away . Just find something for the 3 or so hours you will be there. Street parking is not cheap but you can pay and park on the Embarcadero.

Check www.goldengate.org and the rental car section for info on GG toll prepay

San Francisco, Ca
reviews: 55
2. Re: Cheap/reasonable parking near to get to the Alcatraz Ferry

Street parking won't generally work as you will be at Alcatraz longer than the maximum stay for most of the nearby street parking locations. The Pier 39 garage isn't too far away, and would probably be your best bet.

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
reviews: 131
3. Re: Cheap/reasonable parking near to get to the Alcatraz Ferry

The Embarcadero meters have a 4 hour limit that is why I suggested them. If one spends 2 to 2 1/2 hours on the island and gets there 30 mins before , that still gives one an hour to spare .

Santa Clara...
reviews: 17
4. Re: Cheap/reasonable parking near to get to the Alcatraz Ferry

When we took the tour over the summer, we parked at 50 Francisco St for ? $18 for the whole day. I found it on Yelp. But I just checked it and it looks like there was a recent review of car break in... but this was for people who left it for a multiple days cruise. We didn't have any issues though. There is also another lot across the street on Francisco.

The lots closest to the ferry were $25 a day I think. The Pier 39 is $8 an hour. We skipped that last time in the area and found street meter parking.

Are there open meters on the Embarcadero on the weekdays? If so it may be worthwhile. Do they all take credit cards? (I assume so since most meters I have paid took them) Otherwise that is a lot of quarters.

San Francisco
Destination Expert
for Borrego Springs, San Francisco, Solana Beach
reviews: 26
5. Re: Cheap/reasonable parking near to get to the Alcatraz Ferry

Best Parking is a good resource: http://sanfrancisco.bestparking.com/

There's a large parking structure at Pier 39. And an open lot at Embarcadero and Bay. But there are a number of other parking options in the area.

Leave plenty of time, traffic on The Embarcadero can get quite congested.

6. Re: Cheap/reasonable parking near to get to the Alcatraz Ferry

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, December 06, 2014