We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The First *Exhausted* Dinner?

Which San Francisco hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bombay, India
reviews: 5
The First *Exhausted* Dinner?

Hello. We will be arriving at SF at 7pm this Friday!!!  But this shall be a 35 hour journey door to door, including about 24 hours on various flights... ugh!

We are staying at the Union Square Hilton & I was hoping for suggestions for our first dinner, which MUST be an order in... we will be exhausted, smelly & just really cranky overall, with no energy to step out of the Hotel. Room Service seems only to make us crankier!

I was thinking of an all American Pizza, deep dish, chewy, with lots of cheese. This seems like the most fuss free food to eat before we collapse into bed. Can anyone recommend a good pizza place where we can order this to be delivered hot to us, in 30 minutes or less?

Thank you!

27 replies to this topic
Dallas, Oregon
reviews: 270
1. Re: The First *Exhausted* Dinner?

You might try Uncle Vito's at Bush and Powell. Not certain if they offer deep-dish pizza (that's a specialty of Chicago, not San Francisco), but Vito's "regular" pizzas are excellent.

Huntington Beach...
Destination Expert
for Huntington Beach, Newport Beach, Laguna Beach
reviews: 144
2. Re: The First *Exhausted* Dinner?

The closest Pizza is probably Blondie's http://www.blondiespizza.com/ and they deliver. But you can get Pizza anywhere. In SF you should consider Chinese Food. Many of the Chinese restaurants deliver. Here are a couple close by that will deliver and you can order on-line: http://kinglingsf.com/ http://fuwars.com/

If you enter Hilton San Francisco Union Square into Google Maps and then "Search Nearby" for whatever type of food you want (Pizza, Chinese, Mexican, etc) you'll get several options near your hotel.

Edited: 2:37 pm, November 24, 2013
Huntington Beach...
Destination Expert
for Huntington Beach, Newport Beach, Laguna Beach
reviews: 144
3. Re: The First *Exhausted* Dinner?

Here's the link for Uncle Vito's http://www.unclevitos.com/

Bombay, India
reviews: 5
4. Re: The First *Exhausted* Dinner?

Thank you : ) Uncle Vito’s is an excellent suggestion! I’ve looked at the menu, decided what we will order & noted their contact info...

I don’t think Blondie’s delivers... it has a take-out window perhaps?

I also found New York Pizza Kitchen, on 127 Eddy St, which seems close by & well rated.

Thank you for all your help! Have a great day!

Santa Clara...
reviews: 13
5. Re: The First *Exhausted* Dinner?

Blondie's is all take out by the slice. Thick and juicy with all sorts of yummy fixing. They fed many Berkeley students on a budget over the years. (original store in Berkeley) They have a dining room downstairs in the basement in SF

San Francisco
Destination Expert
for Death Valley Junction, Death Valley National Park
reviews: 41
6. Re: The First *Exhausted* Dinner?

Not sure what time you are arriving, but use your wits and street senses if you decide to go out late at night. The Hilton Union Square is a good location, but at night you don't want to roam too far west or south of the hotel. It's on the borderline of the Tenderloin. In the daytime, the TL is simply a blighted, less desirable area with very visible issues of panhandling, alcohol and drug abuse, mental illness, prostitution, and petty crime. At night, many visitors will not feel safe and many locals won't go there.

Stick to the north (O'Farrell) side of the hotel and generally to the east and north if you leave the immediate area. Mason, Powell, and Geary streets are fine for walking at night and there will probably be lots of foot traffic (normal people).

Dallas, Oregon
reviews: 270
7. Re: The First *Exhausted* Dinner?

In addition to your pizza, you might want to order Vito's antipasto plate. It always gives us a few tasty leftover nibbling "snacks" the next day!

Edited: 8:48 pm, November 24, 2013
Dublin, California
reviews: 29
8. Re: The First *Exhausted* Dinner?

Frankly from a personal standpoint, after a long long flight the last thing I'd want is a heavy pizza meal in my stomach before I put my cranky self to bed. Something light from room service would be my choice.

San Francisco, Ca
reviews: 45
9. Re: The First *Exhausted* Dinner?

There is a very good Thai restaurant that delivers... Lers Ros.

Dublin, California
reviews: 29
10. Re: The First *Exhausted* Dinner?

Didn't Lers Ros got closed down by the Health Dept?

Reply to: The First *Exhausted* Dinner?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted