We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sim card

Which San Francisco hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
reviews: 1
Sim card

I'm travelling to Las Vegas, San Francisco and Hawaii next week till November 25.

I have bought an unlocked samsung galaxy young mobile phone so that I can buy a SIM card in the states to make international phone calls home to UK as well as text and use data to look at trip advisor and maps when on holiday. As I believe this to be the inexpensive option.

I've browsed the net and quite frankly I'm quite confused. I think the right way is to stick with AT&T or Tmobile for coverage purposes.

Will I need 3 different phone numbers to cover my holiday destination or will one number suffice. Couldn't see anything on the net to answer this question.

Please help

Thanks in advance

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
reviews: 114
1. Re: Sim card

The good news is that all three places are part of the US and there are no roaming charges within the US and yes that includes HI. Only 1 SIM card is needed. T-Mobile or AT&T are the way to go, go to a tMoble store and they will set you up

The next few posts will be from some folks promising great service with xsimx.com I would ignore them and keep it simple

Edited: 7:15 am, October 28, 2013
gateshead
reviews: 17
2. Re: Sim card

Hi billiecat sounds like you are on the grand princess cruise?

reviews: 1
3. Re: Sim card

Hello

Yes I am and counting the days down!!!

gateshead
reviews: 17
4. Re: Sim card

Going on same trip.if you see a little guy with a geordie voice say hello!!

5. Re: Sim card

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, October 31, 2014