We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

outdoor restaurant

Which San Francisco hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Atlanta, Georgia
outdoor restaurant

HEy guys,

I'm planning to visit San Francisco next week. Are there any cool restaurants, that has a great view of the Golden Gate Bridge. Looking for unique patio restaurants.

8 replies to this topic
San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
reviews: 114
1. Re: outdoor restaurant

The restaurants in Fishermans wharf have views of the GG bridge but I personally would not call them cool. Most have inflated touristy prices and it is too windy or cool in most areas

But Greens in the Marina is a great Veg restaurant with views of the GG bridge but no patio Or you can find a restaurant along the Embarcadero with bay views and better food. Waterbar, epic Roasthouse , la mar cebecheria among others

Edited: 6:47 am, October 08, 2013
San Francisco
Destination Expert
for Borrego Springs, San Francisco, Solana Beach
reviews: 26
2. Re: outdoor restaurant

Not a lot of patio dining here as the weather is generally so cool. La Mar mentioned above does have some.

There's Pier 23 on the Embarcadero as well. A bit divey but the food's OK. The others mentioned above are pretty pricey.

There are also places at the Ferry Building where you can pick something up and eat outside.

Scottsdale, Arizona
3. Re: outdoor restaurant

Pier 23 is a bit divey but in a sophisticated, non-threatening way. I suspect they do it on purpose and it is part of the shtick. Good view though.

sf
4. Re: outdoor restaurant

I love Pier 23 because its divey, with its deck and sometimes live music. The only place with a Patio would be Palomino below the Bay Bridge and the ones listed above. My favorite place on the Bay is The Ramp, but you can't see the GGB from there, just the Bay.

Most of the best Bayside Dives are gone, replaced by Condos, and office buildings.

Edited: 3:43 pm, October 08, 2013
Kirkcaldy
reviews: 63
5. Re: outdoor restaurant

We have eaten upstairs in Tarantinos at FW in 2009 and it had a great view of GGB. In 2011 we ate at Boudin Bistro inside but I think the outside seats on balcony have a view

San Francisco...
6. Re: outdoor restaurant

If you're heading north, we like Fish in Sausalito at the harbor.

Edited: 4:09 pm, October 08, 2013
Scottsdale, Arizona
7. Re: outdoor restaurant

If you REALLY want a dive with a view of the Bay Bridge then check out Red's.

San Francisco, Ca
reviews: 45
8. Re: outdoor restaurant

The area immediately surrounding the bridge is generally parkland (part of the Golden Gate National Recreation Area), so there really aren't any restaurants nearby. So those restaurants mentioned above, at Fisherman's Wharf and so on, are really the closest places that have bridge views. I can't think of any of the Wharf restaurants that have outdoor dining spaces with bridge views. Come to think of it, a patio restaurant in and of itself is somewhat unique in SF.

Reply to: outdoor restaurant
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted