We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Masonic Avenue

Which San Francisco hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Gold Coast...
reviews: 14
Masonic Avenue

WE are looking at an air BnB rental and was wanting to know what the area is like. The listing doesn't have a street view, so doesn't have a specific address, but the advertisement says that its on Masonic Avenue and in the heart of the The Haight.

San Francisco
Destination Expert
for Borrego Springs, San Francisco, Solana Beach
reviews: 26
11. Re: Masonic Avenue

Not to mention that the 200 block of Masonic is no where near Delmar or Haight St. I'd pass on this based on their obfuscation.

Gold Coast...
reviews: 14
12. Re: Masonic Avenue

I had had a reply and I misread the address for the property. The address was on the corner of masonic and waller street. By the looks of this, its pretty central to the Haight area. Would you recommend this location for a first timer to SF?

San Francisco...
reviews: 101
13. Re: Masonic Avenue

Masonic and Waller is a great location and just a block away from all things Haight Street

San Francisco
Destination Expert
for Borrego Springs, San Francisco, Solana Beach
reviews: 26
14. Re: Masonic Avenue

This is a nice area. Would I recommend it for a first time visitor? That would depend on the visitor. Because it's not in the middle of downtown or other areas that most first time visitors usually flock to. Not to say that's good or bad.

But if the things you want to see tend to be the "iconic" and "usual" sights you will have a bit of back and forth getting there.

OTOH, if you enjoy a more local experience, I think this will be a good spot.

15. Re: Masonic Avenue

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, October 10, 2014