We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

expedia secret saver hotels san francisco

Which San Francisco hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
uk
expedia secret saver hotels san francisco

has anyone used these hotels? They do not give hotel name until after booking which I find worrying.

Looking for reasonable priced accommodation in OK area for 3 adult family members

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
reviews: 27
1. Re: expedia secret saver hotels san francisco

I have not tried this option, but it sounds like a similar idea to hotwire and priceline which do something similar (priceline with bidding and hotwire with a fixed lower price, both with blind booking without knowing the exact hotel). I know a number of companies do similar things now. Expedia is getting in on the discount hotel game.

I think the same advice that applies to these blind booking sites would apply to expedia. Be sure you're getting something that will meet your basic needs before booking since the booking is non-refundable.

You can get good deals and an acceptable experience, but sometimes the hotel may put you in one of the smaller or less desirable rooms where they might be more reluctant to put a guest that has paid full price.

There have been done recent threads that mention hotwire and priceline booking and I'd think most of the same cautions would apply. (Use the search to try and find them, though sometimes the search results are not the best.) Mostly be sure that the area in which the hotel is located and the star level mean you don't get anything too objectionable.

I personally will not go below 3.5 or 4 stars on the blind booking sites and am quite picky about which neighborhoods I'll choose. I have never had any truly horrible experiences yet, and only one poor experience and maybe a mediocre experience or two from blind booking maybe 8 times.

You are taking a bit of a chance, but it generally seems ok if you're not too picky and are careful. If you're not careful,I can imagine you might get some not great places (either because of the hotel or neighborhood).

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
reviews: 27
2. Re: expedia secret saver hotels san francisco

Here is one of the recent threads that may give you better information about this kind of booking, though it talks about similar sites rather than expedia's secret saver option.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g60713-i30-k680316…

Be aware that hotwire will guarantee you a room to fit the number of people you enter on the form when booking (up to 4). Priceline only guarantees a room that will fit 2 adults and I don't believe they allow you to enter more than that. I'm not sure what expedia secret saver does, but be sure it will be large enough for your 3 people before booking. Also realize you'll most likely end up with double beds rather than queen size beds when booking in San Francisco if you need a room with two beds. This may be perfectly acceptable to you, but many adults I know find sharing a double bed very cramped and do not sleep well.

Scottsdale, Arizona
3. Re: expedia secret saver hotels san francisco

Would you buy a house or car without knowing what you are getting? Probably not. Then why would you buy a vacation sight unseen? I suggest you look up top at the TA hotel deals and then dig deeper for the fly/sleep deals. It takes a little time but the savings can be huge.

4. Re: expedia secret saver hotels san francisco

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:31 am, September 04, 2014