We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flights

Which San Francisco hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Hull
reviews: 25
Flights

Anyone have an idea of when flights will be out properly for July 2014. There's some available now up to certain dates but not many. Anyone know the best time to book flights? As soon as they become available or wait a bit such as christmas deals etc?

So far we have found flights for £843 per person flying to San Fran, connecting flight to Vegas then back home to uk. Is this a good deal?

Any help would be appreciated thanks.

9 replies to this topic
Los Angeles
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
reviews: 56
1. Re: Flights

You can try www.kayak.com and enter your desired travel dates and flights etc. It shows available bookings and fares for most airlines. More importantly, it has fare notification services (to email you when the fare drops) and also has fare predictors, which can be hit and miss but uses data about past fare changes to predict if fares will go up or down for the flights you want. Beyond that, there's no one rule of thumb for when to book flights - the prices can always go up, or down, depending on when

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
reviews: 114
2. Re: Flights

You may also check the air travel forum and ask friends who may have come over during Summer ? That is not the lowest SFO LHR round trip airfare by far but since you are doing a summer visit the prices are higher . You can also price the SFO to LAS flights separately on www.southwest.com and compare with an open jaw tickets LHR to SFO and LAS to LHR My experience is that the fares may be better in early 2014 and now is a good time to book if you are using miles instead of $$$

Edited: 9:53 am, August 28, 2013
Bloomington, Indiana
Destination Expert
for Bloomington
reviews: 20
3. Re: Flights

I'll add a few comments:

1. Generally speaking you don't see sales during summer months as it is a prime travel period. My advice would be to book early as my experience is that fares will go up & not down for this period. Sales/bargains are more frequent during low demand times (winter, spring & somewhat fall, holiday periods excepted).

2. To the extent you'll have any internal (USA) flights you might check Southwest. I say this because the have lots of flights and tend to be less expensive AND you won't see them on Kayak and other booking sites. You've got to go to Southwest's site to see their flights.

That's all for now,

hlo

Hull
reviews: 25
4. Re: Flights

thanks for all your replies! Really hope we can do it. We can also go in september but obviously cannot look for flights just yet does anyone have any experience as to wether this would be cheaper than july?

Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
reviews: 56
5. Re: Flights

Laura ~ most folks have a driving itinerary that includes the coast, the mountains, and southern California. No internal flight is needed in the summer as all roads are usually open. What have you planned for your summer itinerary?

San Francisco
Destination Expert
for Borrego Springs, San Francisco, Solana Beach
reviews: 26
6. Re: Flights

I have just one follow up remark. Sounds like you're planning on booking quite a ways in advance. If so, keep checking your flight as the airline reschedules often and somehow people aren't always notified of schedule adjustments.

Nottingham
reviews: 8
7. Re: Flights

Hi

I have spent the past couple of months pricing up flights etc and the price you quoted is the best I have come across.

I was told before that sales tend to come on around Oct - Dec, I just didnt have the nerve to wait :)

Liverpool, United...
reviews: 10
8. Re: Flights

we booked about 4 weeks ago KLM manchester to SAN FRANCISCO, then LA To Manchester £675 all in, we leave a week on Monday :)

Dublin, Ireland
reviews: 3
9. Re: Flights

i think they come out around october, we are waiting for them too

Reply to: Flights
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted