We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel choices

Which San Francisco hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Tn
reviews: 31
Hotel choices

I had posted before and you all were very helpful. We are coming in Sept and had decided to stay at the Hyatt Embarcadero. Since that time, I have found that there is now construction in front of the Hyatt and that access to transportation will not be as easy as I thought. So, I checked and can get a room at the Orchard Hotel . The reviews on trip advisor are much better for the Orchard and I am now second guessing my choice. I would appreciate your advice and thoughts.

16 replies to this topic
San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
reviews: 103
11. Re: Hotel choices

If it matters - most of the low rooms near the construction are actually banquet facilities. I would guess the rooms directly above those would be as bad as you would get - but they are also likely the cheapest rooms as they wouldn't have any views of the Bay.

San Francisco
Destination Expert
for Borrego Springs, San Francisco, Solana Beach
reviews: 26
12. Re: Hotel choices

The construction doesn't go 24/7. So unless you plan on napping in your room during the day I don't see why noise would be an issue. And generally they stop making noise about 3PM and begin to wrap upf the site for the night.

Bloomington, Indiana
Destination Expert
for Bloomington
reviews: 20
13. Re: Hotel choices

I agree that perhaps this is being over analyzed.

If you're happy with the rate at the Orchard and worried about noise from the construction, switch hotels. It's not like its a questionable hotel or a radically different location.

If the comments have given you warm fuzzies or you have any trepidation about the Orchard rate, stick with the Hyatt.

About the only other factor I can think of is room location at the Hyatt. For example, if you know you have a bay view or will be on a top floor, then I don't think construction noise will be an issue.

My suggestion is to make a decision based on the above and "live with it."

hlo

Kirkland, Wa
reviews: 2
14. Re: Hotel choices

I totally understand why you are thinking about changing. I too have a room booked for our anniversary and have paid top dollar for our room and been planning this special trip for a few months now. I called and upgraded to the club level its on the top two floor. I figure this way I won't worry about the noise and don't have to look around for other options.

Tn
reviews: 31
15. Re: Hotel choices

Thank you all for your insight and comments. LLLemire, I too have been planning this trip for several months. It is our 40th anniversary and a big splurge for us.

Because of my husband's health, we require a suite and unfortunately he often needs to rest during the day. The Hyatt, has been very upfront with us and the room type we had booked faces the construction. We will be staying at the Orchard Hotel which is actually cheaper. Thanks again to all of you!

Dallas, Oregon
reviews: 266
16. Re: Hotel choices

Enjoy your anniversary! Mrs. OJ and I celebrated our 40th anniversary two years ago with a 10-day stay in SF (Also honeymooned there in 1971). We had an absolutely incredible time, roaming the city and eating ourselves silly -- Gary Danko, Frascati, House of Prime Rib, Café Claude, Scoma's in Sausalito, Jeanne d'Arc, Tony's Pizza Napoletana.... And that was just the first day. LOL!!

Reply to: Hotel choices
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted