We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

San Francisco layover

Which San Francisco hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Wellington, New...
San Francisco layover

Hi..I get into San Fran at 12:00 noon after a long international flight from New Zealand and I don't leave until 22:15. Does anyone know if there are any hotels in the airport area that offer day rates ? I don't sleep on the plane so will be rather tired.

cheers

8 replies to this topic
San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
reviews: 109
1. Re: San Francisco layover

I have not heard of SFO hotels that offer day rates but if you do run across one, let us know. Perhaps using hotwire.com or priceline.com you can get a really good deal at an airport hotel.

Dublin, California
reviews: 30
2. Re: San Francisco layover

Well by the time you get out of the airport it'll be almost 2:00. Maybe check with a hotel about the possibility of getting in an hour early than their usual check in time.

Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
reviews: 5
3. Re: San Francisco layover

We stay in the city a lot for matinee theater and hardly ever have trouble checking into a hotel early, sometimes as early as 11:00. Do check on that. Many people stay in airport hotels for an early flight out the next day and their rooms become available as soon as housekeeping can do them. However you won't be paying "day rates" but the full cost, unless the hotel has that feature.

san mateo CA
reviews: 23
4. Re: San Francisco layover

There are multiple hotels/motels with shuttles to and from SFO in close proximity. Without making a specific suggestion I know that you should be OK.

Wellington, New...
5. Re: San Francisco layover

thanks for your posts... will check that out !!!

are there parks or nice walks on the waterfront near the airport ?

san mateo CA
reviews: 23
6. Re: San Francisco layover

There are walks along the bay in nearby hotels. I would point out that they are mostly located on landfill which is often garbage. You might find a motel/hotel on El Camino in either San Bruno or Millbrae which are close by and may offer a suburban but more amenable location than the bay setting of most airport hotels/motels.

This stated without specific recommendation.

Pacifica, California
Destination Expert
for Pacifica
reviews: 2
7. Re: San Francisco layover

Similar to what Puter was saying - I've run into this situation in other cities, and have never had a problem booking an nearby hotel room for a few hours of sleep. You'll probably have to pay the full nightly rate, though.

Hofheim Germany
reviews: 20
8. Re: San Francisco layover

We are booked into the Westin SFO in August for a checkin 5am, our flight leaves at 2pm including Free shuttle $111 + tax. She Said they had a Day Rate as well, up to 4 hours. I called the hotel directly and Set it up. We did this 2 years ago at Millwoods Inn they even threw in a simple breakfast. This year they were over$130+tax. There are 3 of us so for $35 each we all get a bed, shower and fresh Ai, Way Better then the VIP Lounges I've been in.

Reply to: San Francisco layover
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted