We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

alcatraz night tours sold out for 17th and 18th sep

Which San Francisco hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
West Thurrock...
alcatraz night tours sold out for 17th and 18th sep

hi folks I was wondering if anybody could spread any light on as to why the evening tours of Alcatraz have been sold out even on the date they went on sale for the 17th and 18th September I know the Americas cup is on but this has not affected all other times thanks all

San Francisco
Destination Expert
for Borrego Springs, San Francisco, Solana Beach
reviews: 26
1. Re: alcatraz night tours sold out for 17th and 18th sep

Check the Alcatraz site carefully -- the night tours are not given every day.

West Thurrock...
2. Re: alcatraz night tours sold out for 17th and 18th sep

ok thanks for the reply I see Tuesdays and Wednesdays are dark most of the time just my bad luck unfortunately

United Kingdom
reviews: 10
3. Re: alcatraz night tours sold out for 17th and 18th sep

I've just dipped into this question and thought I'd have a look on the Alkatraz Cruise site to familiarise myself in prep for my booking.

I'm not sure how important it is for the Experts to know but there's a note saying 'possible bay area rapid transit Bart strike Beginning Monday July 1st - There is potential it could take place As early as 11.59 Sunday 30 June'

It goes on to mention possible delays, the need to add time to your journey and possible parking problems.

Just thought I'd mention it incase it's important to anyone travelling to alkatraz.

Sacramento, CA
Destination Expert
for Sacramento
reviews: 33
4. Re: alcatraz night tours sold out for 17th and 18th sep

Groov, just so you know, the possible BART strike would not significantly affect travel to those tourists going to Alcatraz who are staying in the City. Muni, the local public transportation in the city, will not be affected by the strike except for maybe some longer lines along the Market Street stops.

The problem will be with those arriving at SFO and trying to get into the city from the airport.

5. Re: alcatraz night tours sold out for 17th and 18th sep

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, July 02, 2014