We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport transport to Mission if BART strike

Which San Francisco hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Rochester, New York
reviews: 1
Airport transport to Mission if BART strike

Hello, fellow travelers!

We arrive late Friday night (11:40-ish) and are staying at an address in the Mission. Should we book a shuttle (do they even run that late?) or can we catch a cab? We had considered the BART and then a cab once we arrive in the Mission but I'm concerned we might be stranded if there's a strike. Does anyone have a suggestion for a late arrival at SFO into the Mission? Many thanks!

San Francisco
Destination Expert
for Borrego Springs, San Francisco, Solana Beach
reviews: 26
1. Re: Airport transport to Mission if BART strike

Shuttles will be running. Lorrie's is the one most favored by this board. Usually when coming from the airport a reservation is not required -- just head out to the shuttle area and there will be a lot to choose from. With your circumstances (late arrival + possible BART strike) it might be good to have one.

Cabs will be around. If BART is on strike the line to get one may be a little longer than usual.

A car service is the other alternative. I've used Pleasant Limo but there are many others.

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
reviews: 27
2. Re: Airport transport to Mission if BART strike

It's unclear that you would make it to Bart before it was closed for the night, anyway, so even if there isn't a Bart strike it's probably best to plan on a taxi or shuttle at that time if night, at least as a contingency plan. The last train is at 11:54 pm from the airport according to their schedule.

Rochester, New York
reviews: 1
3. Re: Airport transport to Mission if BART strike

Great, thank you both so very much! I'll have a shuttle on standby....

Berkeley, California
Destination Expert
for Berkeley
reviews: 60
4. Re: Airport transport to Mission if BART strike

You can take a shuttle or cab, as noted above. If you feel a burning desire to take public transit, you can take SamTrans Routes 292 or 397 from SFO to Potrero Avenue in the Mission District. The stops at 24th and 16th streets connect with Muni buses (22, 33, and 48 lines) running the few blocks west into the heart of the neighborhood.

http://www.samtrans.com

http://www.sfmta.com

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
reviews: 114
5. Re: Airport transport to Mission if BART strike

I would not advise people with luggage to take Samtrans or any other bus to SF even if you have a burning desire. Please take a shared shuttle or a cab.

Edited: 10:29 am, July 01, 2013
San Francisco Bay
reviews: 13
6. Re: Airport transport to Mission if BART strike

As a stranger to the city, I wouldn't do the bus and bus transfer in the middle of the Mission either, especially after midnight. What a way to see the City for the first time. Shuttle for sure.

7. Re: Airport transport to Mission if BART strike

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, July 03, 2014