We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sfo to Golden Gate Bridge

Which San Francisco hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Laval, Canada
reviews: 11
Sfo to Golden Gate Bridge

Hi,

Will be traveling next Sat.

I see two options with google maps. Which is easiest, fastest?

-101/280/ then HWY 1 through the park

or 101 all the way, I guess it is Van Ness then Lombard to bridge

Or is there another way that is not obvious to me

Thanks!

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
reviews: 132
1. Re: Sfo to Golden Gate Bridge

Both are easy. Google maps will tell you the time each way so you can get the info that way. I would say take

380 out of the airport and join 280N and that joins 19th avenue and there are lights on 19th but the traffic moves and you then get on to the GG bridge. Please make sure you read about the pre-pay of tolls if you plan to not use the rental car transponder. goldengate.org/tolls/rentalvehicles.php

Tolls are required only on the way in to SF from Marin County and not while leaving SF.

Edited: 4:24 pm, June 29, 2013
Laval, Canada
2. Re: Sfo to Golden Gate Bridge

Perfect, thanks!

I would like to thank all of the experts who have helped us a lot on planning our trip which starts next Saturday.

8 nights in sunny California...cannot wait!

San Francisco
Destination Expert
for Borrego Springs, San Francisco, Solana Beach
reviews: 26
3. Re: Sfo to Golden Gate Bridge

I would take I380W->i280N->19th Ave and Park Presidio (Highway 1). It's more straightforward and generally fewer bottlenecks.

The 101/80 interchange often gets very congested. And the intersection to get onto Van Ness from Mission is also a hassle.

San Francisco, Ca
reviews: 58
4. Re: Sfo to Golden Gate Bridge

>>8 nights in sunny California...cannot wait!<<

Oh crap, you do realize you're coming to Northern California during fog season, right? Sunny California of movie legend is Southern California. While the fog usually burns off mid-day, early morning and late afternoons can be "atmospheric" (see my profile pic of the Golden Gate Bridge).

San Francisco
Destination Expert
for Borrego Springs, San Francisco, Solana Beach
reviews: 26
5. Re: Sfo to Golden Gate Bridge

As the OP is looking to head directly to the GG Bridge I'm thinking they are headed to wine country. Certainly much warmer up there than the city. (Like 20-30F warmer.) But if they plan on being on the coast, then yes, not such a sunny situation.

Laval, Canada
6. Re: Sfo to Golden Gate Bridge

lol, it has been raining for about 6 weeks here in Montreal

so, anything that doesn't involve rain we can handle.

Yes, RamblinSal, we are headed to Napa/Sonoma for 4 nights,,,,forecast looks sunny to me!!

Then 4 nights San Francisco

Fog,Sun...who cares its San Francisco

Pacifica, California
Destination Expert
for Pacifica
reviews: 4
7. Re: Sfo to Golden Gate Bridge

I would go with option #1 - 280 to 19th Ave, aka, Highway 1.

8. Re: Sfo to Golden Gate Bridge

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, July 02, 2014