We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

State of Origin

Which San Francisco hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Surfers Paradise...
State of Origin

Hi Everyone, My buddy and I will be in San Fran when SOO game 1 is on. Does anyone know if a bar or a local channel will be showing the game? I think it will be on at 3am Tuesday night local time. Help pleeeeease!!

Dublin, California
reviews: 29
1. Re: State of Origin

Highly unlikely. Your best bet is to check with Oz expat groups and see. There may be some private parties somewhere.

Anaheim, California
Destination Expert
for Anaheim
reviews: 13
2. Re: State of Origin

Alas, the rights to the 3 games are held by FOX Soccer/FOX Soccer Plus, and not local broadcasters.

It will be hard to find a Hotel room with the game, and at 3 AM, most bars won't be open, since they can't server liquor from 2 AM to 6 AM.

I would look at having a computer and finding it on the web.

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
reviews: 114
3. Re: State of Origin

Alas ? Really ?

Well there are pubs that are open for expats to watch games. and they may not serve alcohol but they will show the games.

One such place is the kezar pub near the Haight Ashbury/ Golden Gate park area for people from out of town

Please contact them and see if they will be showing the match

----The Kezar pub says--

Across from the former home of the 49ers (Kezar Stadium) in the Haight-Ashbury District, Kezar Pub brings together fans of local teams and international sports enthusiasts alike. A seemingly endless variety of beers and multiple televisions make fantasy football fans happy on Sundays, while European soccer and rugby matches can draw a crowd even at 5 am on a weekday. Pool, darts and video games keep the rest entertained, and other sports such as hockey, boxing, hurling, cricket and even wrestling secure airtime at Kezar. The regulars munch on burgers and fries, nachos, pork chops and Buffalo wings.

http://www.thekezarpub.com/contact

Edited: 11:44 pm, May 07, 2013
4. Re: State of Origin

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 12:07 am, May 08, 2013
Edited: 12:07 am, May 08, 2013
Melbourne, Australia
reviews: 3
5. Re: State of Origin

"..and they may not serve alcohol but they will show the games."

Is there any point watching a 'football' game where there is no alcohol?-:)!

A tad more seriously that's interesting re the alcohol curfew.

Anaheim, California
Destination Expert
for Anaheim
6. Re: State of Origin

There was a recent bill in the California State Legislature that would have allowed cities/tourist areas to serve until 4 AM, to compete with places like Nevada, but failed to be passed.

Pacifica, California
Destination Expert
for Pacifica
reviews: 4
7. Re: State of Origin

I vaguely recall that the following group sometimes holds viewing parties for Australian sporting events. You might contact them and see if they can help.

http://www.sfaussies.com/

Down Under
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
8. Re: State of Origin

The link simba_8 has given you has parties planned for AFL but I don't ever remember seeing anything for the NRL.

They might have some info though .

Queensland for 8 in a row !!!

Melbourne, Australia
9. Re: State of Origin

"Queensland for 8 in a row !!!"

Tell someone who cares LOL!

Melbourne, Australia
10. Re: State of Origin

#6 Darkbeer(great handle btw) - strange for those of us used to arriving at gigs with say 1.00am starts to think that they would be sans alcohol. But a lot healthier (and safer) I guess