We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visited SF many times, what ELSE can I do?

Which San Francisco hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Los Angeles...
Visited SF many times, what ELSE can I do?

I feel pretty familiar with all the major sites of San Francisco and for all the Bay Area for that matter and I just LOVE it. But what I want to know is what are the most off-the-beaten path things that you know in the area (can be further afield ie. wine country, tahoe).. I have heard of falcon watching and some place where you can churn butter. What else? I want to connect to local people who are doing and seeing really interesting things as I think a lot of the SF/Bay Area appeal is all about how complex the people are. Looking to do a summer trip and pack in as many of these one-of-a-kind experiences.

Be an oyster farmer for a day anyone??

Any and all suggestions welcome. Even something off the top of your head that you don't even know exists yet.

25 replies to this topic
Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
reviews: 685
21. Re: Visited SF many times, what ELSE can I do?

Or Washington. The state.

Chicago
reviews: 3
22. Re: Visited SF many times, what ELSE can I do?

Visit different neighborhoods and talk to staff and locals while you puruse.

Restaurants I love:

Q RESTAURANT in the Richmond;

FIREFLY in Noe Valley for dinner;

SAVOR in Noe Valley for brunch;

DELFINA PIZZA (Pacific Heights);

ROAM BURGER in Cow Hollow;

TOWN HALL for dinner in Financial District;

TONY'S PIZZA NAPOLENTANA and

PARK TAVERN Napolentana in North Beach

I hope you have a great trip!

Edited: 8:03 pm, May 10, 2013
San Francisco, CA
reviews: 36
23. Re: Visited SF many times, what ELSE can I do?

I came across the "oyster farmer for the day" tour recently, and they have several interesting options in West Marin... http://www.foodandfarmtours.com/tours

Vancouver, Canada
reviews: 1
24. Re: Visited SF many times, what ELSE can I do?

Off the top of my head, the Wave Organ installed by the Exploratorium. It's a great walk from Fisherman's Wharf area westward along the walkway towards the Marina, then around the yacht club to the end of the pier/jetty. Map location below. A nice walk rewarded by a great view of the Bay, GG Bridge, and Alcatraz Island.

https://maps.google.ca/maps?q=wave+organ+san+francisco&hl=en&ll=37.799747,-122.422199&spn=0.053985,0.077162&sll=54.112352,-126.555646&sspn=20.601275,39.506836&t=h&hq=wave+organ&hnear=San+Francisco,+California,+United+States&z=14

Sydney Australia
reviews: 2
25. Re: Visited SF many times, what ELSE can I do?

What do you mean, its not 1975 still ! !

Reply to: Visited SF many times, what ELSE can I do?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted