We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dim Sum

Which San Francisco hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Allentown...
Level Contributor
21 posts
Dim Sum

I already looked at the frequently asked questions regarding dim sum but I really didn't get any answers.

I am visiting in June and looking for some names of authentic dim sum, hopefully in Chinatown.

Thanks!

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
29,461 posts
142 reviews
1. Re: Dim Sum

The one about Chinese food and dim sum did not answer your question? Great Eastern in Chinatown or Yank Sing in the financial district Rincon center or the new MY China from Martin Yan in the Westfield center

San Francisco
Destination Expert
for Borrego Springs, San Francisco, Solana Beach
Level Contributor
32,920 posts
26 reviews
2. Re: Dim Sum

Chinatown does not have the best Chinese food. It does have a couple of dim sum places but some of them are take out only. I'm a fan of Yank Sing ... in fact will be there today!

San Francisco
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
3,678 posts
41 reviews
3. Re: Dim Sum

I like Great Eastern in Chinatown and also City View, which is a little less chaotic. Lai Hong Lounge has getting good reviews on Chowhound and I also was pretty impressed when I visited last month.

Edited: 1:57 pm, April 04, 2013
California
Level Contributor
1,540 posts
4. Re: Dim Sum

Chinatown does still have some good dim sum places, but just to avoid the crowds and lack of parking, we usually go to some of the places outside of Chinatown. As stated, Great Eastern is good. Yank Sing is good, but over-priced, if that matters to you.

Chapel Hill, North...
Level Contributor
236 posts
15 reviews
5. Re: Dim Sum

I like Hang Ah which is supposed to be the oldest dim sum place in Chinatown. They don't have carts but they have some of the best Char Siu Bao (Pork Buns) I've ever had and their siu mai (pork and shrimp dumplings) are really good too. Right at the edge of the Stockton Tunnel on Sacramento. Last time I was there I learned that Hang Ah means fragrant and the alley was named after a perfume factory that was there a long time ago (the alley is not so fragrant now.)

Edited: 4:48 pm, April 04, 2013
6. Re: Dim Sum

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, April 06, 2014