We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

March 19th what to do this evening in SF?

Which San Francisco hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
reviews: 132
March 19th what to do this evening in SF?

If you have 5.30 to 9 pm free then about 8 to 50 bucks per person will get you into AT&T park for the World Baseball Finals See some of the best and fastest pitchers in the world pitch for the Dominican Republic and play against Puerto Rico and their very good team

The atmosphere will be what one can expect in the Carribean, loud, noisy and fun

You can get tickets on www.stubhub.com or to avoid fees just walk up and buy them

WBC for the love of Baseball. May the better team win

We call this Americas fav pastime but to the folks from those countries it is life

Dublin, California
reviews: 32
1. Re: March 19th what to do this evening in SF?

I'll wait for the real baseball to start in a couple of weeks.

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
reviews: 117
2. Re: March 19th what to do this evening in SF?

I keep seeing a blimp out there over the ballpark at night. It glows like a UFO.

Anaheim, California
Destination Expert
for Anaheim
reviews: 13
3. Re: March 19th what to do this evening in SF?

Never knew that Puerto Rico was a country... Thought it was a US Territory....

Based on the first two games in SF, seems like attendance is low, so should be easy to get tickets at the park.

Edited: 2:35 pm, March 19, 2013
Dublin, California
4. Re: March 19th what to do this evening in SF?

BTW there is a half price SF Groupon for WBC tickets, for those who are starving for baseball.

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
5. Re: March 19th what to do this evening in SF?

This is Real baseball TSS. Why would you say it is not real ? Angel Pagan, Santiago Cassilla, Robinson Cano, Yadier Molina, Alex Rios, Carlos Beltran Jose Reyes and Fernando Rodney whose ERA last year was a filthy 0.60 and 48 saves and Kelvin Herrera who's average pitch speed last season was 98.5 miles per hour

Personally it is a chance to be a spectator at a game in your home ballpark and not worry if your home team is going to win. One watches this for the love of the game and to see these guys play. I personally don't care if the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico or Dominican Republic wins. Just want to see some good pitching

San Francisco
Destination Expert
for Borrego Springs, San Francisco, Solana Beach
reviews: 26
6. Re: March 19th what to do this evening in SF?

I love Pagan but, baseball isn't baseball without a rooting interest. In fact, I'd say that about all sports.

Dublin, California
7. Re: March 19th what to do this evening in SF?

I agree with Sal. That's why I say "real" baseball don't start until April. If I don't care who wins and who loses I have no interest in watching.

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
8. Re: March 19th what to do this evening in SF?

looking at the empty seats last night-- not seen before for some time at ATT park -- clearly many share your view point .

Personally, i don't mind watching some sports for the sake of the game. Take Football for instance, Frankly after the 49ers did well back back when, I did lose some interest in the Superbowls and at times the ads were better so you have me there and I cannot disagree with you ---- but compared to the nail biting, high blood pressure finish during the Superbowl in Feb, perhaps the I don't care who wins games were better -- :-0

Not to worry SF Giants will be back in a couple of weeks and then the TORTURE starts

I hope the Panda will be ok and so will Hector Sanchez.

Sal -- This year it is "Together, We're Champions -" See I will remember it this time.

Edited: 4:58 pm, March 19, 2013
Anaheim, California
Destination Expert
for Anaheim
reviews: 13
9. Re: March 19th what to do this evening in SF?

Well, the rain is falling hard, a good reason you play Spring Training in Arizona and use stadiums like Chase Field and Marlins Park with retractable roofs...

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
10. Re: March 19th what to do this evening in SF?

>>>Well, the rain is falling hard, a good reason you play Spring Training in Arizona and use stadiums like Chase Field and Marlins Park with retractable roofs...

According to wikipedia. .. Marlins park is a baseball park in Florida

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marlins_Park

It is our rainy season here in California and it stretches through April.

Congrats to the DR for beating the PR (no not USA but PR )

Edited: 11:41 pm, March 19, 2013
Get answers to your questions about San Francisco