Spring Break tentative schedule for travel for myself and college age daughter, but I am questioning my scheduling since I am not familiar with the area and what is in close proximity to the other and the best schedule for logistics. Also, I don't want to overdo it with too much crammed in and then we feel like we are just checking the boxes.
I am hoping you can give me input and suggestions. The days are flexible, except for travel to Monterey as reservations are made and paid for. We are staying at Hotel Adagio and Le Meridien at close of trip. Thanks again!
Day one – Sunday
• North Beach – breakfast at Mamas or lunch at Molinari
• North Beach area
• Filbert steps to Coit Tower
• Pier 39
• Fisherman's Wharf – pretty much all the same, touristy. Possibility? Pier 45's Museum of the City of SF, the Maritime Museum and Hyde Street Pier.
• North Beach – eat at Sotto Mare maybe for dinner, seafood, reasonable
• North Beach - Liguria Bakery – get there early
Day 2 Monday- is this a full day?
• Cable car? Lombard Street
For the cable car, don’t miss the Powell-Ryde line and especially the crooked block of Lombard St (east of Hyde) where perspectives and slope is the most fun.
• ride bikes along bayside, over GG to Sausalito (weather permitting) - any great spots in Sausalito ?
Bike rental from
• Bike and Roll or
• Blazing saddles
Suggested…In Sausalito, Poggio is one of my favorite restaurants, as the food is quite good. No views, but that's the trade-off. Also Fish, just north of downtown is a good "fish shack" -- picnic tables, cash only, but sustainable seafood in a casual environment.
• Ferry back – check on times.
Day 3- Tuesday
• Golden Gate Park and visit to De Young – The Girl with the Pearl Earring.
To do: Order tickets in advance for De Young.
• Dinner at Restaurant Gary Danko at 530pm
Day 4 Wed-
• pick up rental car
• Ocean Beach
• Lands End trail
• Lunch at Cliff House?
• leave SF head south to Monterey early afternoon?
Day 5 Thursday- Monterey
Day 6 Friday-
• head north with a stop at Henry Cowell.
• Return to SF? Arrive mid afternoon ish
• Alcatraz night tour- depart 630
Day 7 – Saturday
• Chinatown- take a walking tour with city guides and eat dinner?
• Asian Art Museum – terra cotta warriors.
To do: Order tickets in advance.
• Ferry Bldg Marketplace – lots of places for food
Day 8 – Sunday (Easter)
• Brunch at Nopa
We have most of the afternoon before departing SFO