We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Argonaut deluxe or Hyatt oversized for 2 adults + 2 kids

Which San Francisco hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne, Australia
reviews: 14
Argonaut deluxe or Hyatt oversized for 2 adults + 2 kids

Hi guys, I have finally got it down to 2 hotels. Needs to be in Fishermans Wharf as we are there only for a couple of nights and want to be close to some sights we want to see.

An Argonaut 2 Queen deluxe is about $100 more than a oversized double room at the Hyatt Fishermans Wharf. Has anyone stayed at both (or either of these hotels) that could suggest which may be a better option. For sightseeing, kid friendly restaurants. A decent sized, and clean, room are important too. Thanks

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
reviews: 114
1. Re: Argonaut deluxe or Hyatt oversized for 2 adults + 2 kids

The Argonaut is one of the most recommended hotels in FW. I would go with that but you can read TA reviews of both and decide. They are both in FW so that should not be the factor

I don't think TA regulars have two lists to offer visitors. Clean in a safe area. Or. Dirty in an unsafe area. So it goes without saying that we will always suggest the former. LOL

The restaurant at the Argonaut is known for its chowders.

Edited: 11:05 am, March 16, 2013
San Francisco
Destination Expert
for Borrego Springs, San Francisco, Solana Beach
reviews: 26
2. Re: Argonaut deluxe or Hyatt oversized for 2 adults + 2 kids

I agree with belo that the Argonuat is the best at the Wharf.

With 4 people, it might be worthwhile to contact the hotels in questions and ask about the square footage of the rooms. I don't know what the Argonaut would consider "oversized" but their regular rooms tend to be on the small side.

Oakland, California
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
3. Re: Argonaut deluxe or Hyatt oversized for 2 adults + 2 kids

I like the location of the Argonaut. It's close to Ghirardelli Square and Aquatic Park, and away from busy roads. The Hyatt is closer to Pier 39, and could be said to be more in the "center" of things, but seems a noisier location overall. And both are still easy walking distance to anything in the area.

Melbourne, Australia
4. Re: Argonaut deluxe or Hyatt oversized for 2 adults + 2 kids

Thanks for the advice. Leaning towards the Argonaut, it does look like a fun place to stay.

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
reviews: 106
5. Re: Argonaut deluxe or Hyatt oversized for 2 adults + 2 kids

If it helps, the Argonaut has a free wine reception in the evening. Join their loyalty program to get free in-room wi-fi and a $10 mini-bar credit. (which granted, is like a pack of M&Ms) - but I dig the free wi-fi.

Knesselare Belgique
reviews: 72
6. Re: Argonaut deluxe or Hyatt oversized for 2 adults + 2 kids

Is there free wifi in the Argonaut hotel? Thanks

San Francisco
Destination Expert
for Borrego Springs, San Francisco, Solana Beach
7. Re: Argonaut deluxe or Hyatt oversized for 2 adults + 2 kids

If you sign up for their loyalty program (it's free to do so), you will get free WiFi.

San Diego...
reviews: 21
8. Re: Argonaut deluxe or Hyatt oversized for 2 adults + 2 kids

The Argonaut really goes out of their way for the kids! They deliver special animal print children's robes complete with personalized welcome letters to the kids and will deliver a "pet fish" for you to keep during your stay in the room. We love the location and the last time we stayed there our room was exceptionally large.

Melbourne, Australia
9. Re: Argonaut deluxe or Hyatt oversized for 2 adults + 2 kids

Thanks for the tips. Does anyone know what you get if you pay extra for a 2 Queen Deluxe room. I assume it means a room that views the park or the city (not the Bay, that would be a Bayview room!).....and a standard room views the interior of the property???

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
reviews: 114
10. Re: Argonaut deluxe or Hyatt oversized for 2 adults + 2 kids

oyster.com/san-francisco/…