We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Upcoming girls trip - March 1st Weekend

Which San Francisco hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Calgary, Alberta
reviews: 6
Upcoming girls trip - March 1st Weekend

Hello! I am organizing a girls trip (3 of us) for the weekend of March 1st. Two of the ladies are celebrating (leap year!) birthdays, so I was hoping to book us all into a great spa for a few hours. We are staying at the Hotel Palomar in Union Square - so somewhere within walking distance would be great. Husbands have offered to splurge for the services - so looking for something that will be a memorable experience.

Also hoping to book a private wine tour into Napa for a day. Knowing that the driver is half the fun, I would love some recommendations of people that you really enjoyed!

We've already booked a running tour which we are really excited about and plan to do a food tour of North Beach (haven't booked anything yet).

Thanks so much!

San Francisco...
reviews: 18
1. Re: Upcoming girls trip - March 1st Weekend

The Spa at Nordstrom's, short walk from Palomar. Top floor of Nordstrom, at the San Francisco Shopping Center, Market Street at 5th Street..

San Francisco...
reviews: 13
2. Re: Upcoming girls trip - March 1st Weekend

You have to do Burke Williams Spa! It's near Union Square and located at the Westfield Mall on top of Bloomingdales. I have a membership to this spa, it is the best in the city. I have been to Nordstrom Spa, and it is cheaper but not as luxurious. At Burke Williams they will feed you grapes and other fruit/treats while you lounge in the spa, and you will get the total experience. You can even have champagne, and have lunch catered to you by a local restaurant--the staff will set up everything for you. You can even take a nap here after you spa treatment in their quiet room.

San Francisco
Destination Expert
for Borrego Springs, San Francisco, Solana Beach
reviews: 26
3. Re: Upcoming girls trip - March 1st Weekend

Is this trip just a weekend -- two day?

I'm wouldn't recommend a day trip to Napa with so little time in the city.

San Francisco, Ca
reviews: 55
4. Re: Upcoming girls trip - March 1st Weekend

If you have a long enough weekend to warrant a day trip to wine country, try Rick of Blue Heron Tours. He does an excellent tour, although he will probably suggest a lesser-known area than Napa Valley for more beautiful scenery, fewer crowds, wine discoveries rather than the big corporate wineries, etc. But book now, private guides book up on weekends well in advance.

http://www.blueherontours.com/

So. Cal
reviews: 18
5. Re: Upcoming girls trip - March 1st Weekend

I'd take a look at the spa at the drop dead gorgeous St. Regis on 3rd. Full disclosure, I haven't used the spa facilities but sure would love to if I had the time!

San Francisco...
reviews: 13
6. Re: Upcoming girls trip - March 1st Weekend

My girl friends and I also like to do high tea at the Rotunda (inside Neiman Marcus). It is a beautiful restaurant with English high tea in the afternoon. They also have a champagne special during high tea. The rotunda itself is gorgeous, not to mention the beautiful view overlooking downtown. But you have to make reservations in advance, as the window tables get taken up fast. I have to book at least several days ahead, especially if it's for high tea. But it's the perfect must-do for a fabulous girls trip. Plus you can make it a shopping day at the same time!

7. Re: Upcoming girls trip - March 1st Weekend

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, February 19, 2014