We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Giants Tickets

Which San Francisco hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Adelaide, Australia
reviews: 1
Giants Tickets

Hi,

Planning a trip to USA in September and will be in San Francisco from the 3-5. I wanted to go to the game against Arizona on the 5th.

Noticed the only tickets available through the giants website are in CL202 unless you want to get right up close for $175.

Went to stubhub and saw there were quite a few tickets available in different areas, but also noticed that the same seats in stubhub are about $30 more expensive than through the site.

What would be my best option if I wanted to sit closer than section 202? Pay the extra for tickets through stubhub soonish or wait till later in the season and see if they get cheaper?

I don't want to miss out on a giants game.

Thanks

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
reviews: 114
1. Re: Giants Tickets

Historically as September is closer to the playoffs prices go one way. UP. For some games, mid season. Say July or August, prices on stubhub may go down as the game day arrives. So it is a gamble. We go for games throughout the season but we book a tad bit closer than this early. I think more may go up on sale on stubhub. The Giants site prices won't go down for sure

Hope that helps. Bottom line. I personally would wait a bit but it is your call

Pacifica, California
Destination Expert
for Pacifica
reviews: 3
2. Re: Giants Tickets

I'd wait until late July or early August, too.

The people currently selling tickets for September would be season ticket holders who are under no pressure to sell and don't have much to lose by trying to sell the tickets at very inflated prices.

San Mateo...
reviews: 6
3. Re: Giants Tickets

There are actually quite a few tickets available in the Lower Box sections (103, 104, 108, 126, etc.) at very affordable prices averaging around $45 per ticket on Stubhub right now. Those sections will have you very close to the action on the field. If you want to save a few more dollars and have great views of the bay and beyond, look at seats on the upper level (300 sections). I prefer to sit in sections 308 to 324 to still be close enough to home plate to see the game. Also, if you sit on the upper most level definitely look to sit in the View Box section located in the very front of this level.

But even if the Giants are playing well and headed for the playoffs in late August, tickets to the game on Sept. 5 should be readily available for purchase at that time and still affordable since it is a Thursday night game vs. Arizona (weekend games are much more expensive).

Not sure why the Giants website is only offering tickets in a limited number of sections for that game, but that should change as the season gets underway in April. I prefer to buy my tickets via Stubhub as you can choose the exact section, row and even seats you want to buy whereas the Giants website does not allow you to be that specific.

Edited: 1:15 am, February 16, 2013
Adelaide, Australia
reviews: 1
4. Re: Giants Tickets

Thanks for the replies.

Are most tickets on stubhub available electronically, so I can print them off at home?

San Mateo...
reviews: 6
5. Re: Giants Tickets

Yes, the majority of tickets from Stubhub are available electronically. The individual listings will specify the mode of transfer. Season tickets holders have yet to receive their tickets for the year, so it will be another month or so before you will be able to actually download and print tickets from home within minutes of making your purchase with Stubhub. It's pretty seemless and very convenient.

San Francisco
Destination Expert
for Borrego Springs, San Francisco, Solana Beach
reviews: 26
6. Re: Giants Tickets

There is an extra fee for the "print at home" option -- $5 I believe.

Massachusetts
reviews: 55
7. Re: Giants Tickets

Check Craigslist.com for tickets for a Giants game. Many season ticket holders sell a large number of their tickets on Craigslist. They usually just want to sell off 75-80% of their tickets. They get a discount on their tickets by buying for all 81 home games and just want to get their money back or make a small profit. Meanwhile, the Giants use a scam called Dynamic Pricing, which means they raise their ticket prices for a particular game as tickets sell. If you are willing to gamble, wait to see if the Giants are out of the pennant race. If thye are ticket prices will drop. If I were you I would rather want to have the tickets in hand before I headed to SF

I personally would not use Stubhub. They charge a 10% surcharge on top of their price. All of their tickets are electronic tickets. No colorful hard tickets. Right now stubhub sellers are at a high price looking for suckers. Their prices will drop a bit, but depending on the team they may raise their prices again. Giants tickets are a bit more expensive than most. They are on the high end with the Yankees, Red Sox and Cubs.

San Francisco
Destination Expert
for Borrego Springs, San Francisco, Solana Beach
reviews: 26
8. Re: Giants Tickets

I would not use Craigslist for tickets because you have no guarantee that the people selling actually have the tickets.

I've used StubHub many times ... <<No colorful hard tickets. >> So what ... they're legit. I just bought a ticket to Wednesday's game ... $13. And a print at home ticket.

The Giants "Dynamic Pricing" will affect any and all resellers.

Your argument is nonsensical.

Massachusetts
reviews: 55
9. Re: Giants Tickets

RamblinSal,

You have obviously not bought baseball tickets from Craigslist. Talk about things that you know about and have done. Don't badmouth that which you don't know. Through Craigslist, season ticket holders can forward electronic tickets to you through the major League team that they have the tickets with. You have to pay through PayPal. You do have a guarantee that they actually have the tickets. You can fight fraud through paypal. This way you are dealing directly with the ticket seller, not through a third party, like stub hub who tacks on 10% or Ebay who charge fees.. Most Craigslist season ticket holders will also mail you the hard tickets that are nullified once you accept and print the electronic ticket. This way you get both electronic ticket and hard ticket. Next time you buy a ticket from Stubhub ask them for the hard ticket. Real baseball fans collect tickets.

I have bought baseball tickets from Craigslist for Giants, Twins, Yankees, Rangers, Braves, Red Sox and Diamondbacks. If you want to talk about other issues with Craigslist, be my guest. Baseball tickets work just fine on on Craigslist. You may know a lot about San Fran, but you don't know everything. You just learned something about the giants and tickets from me. Admit when you don't know what you are talking about.

Pacifica, California
Destination Expert
for Pacifica
reviews: 3
10. Re: Giants Tickets

I would never buy tickets through Craigslist.