We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Breakfast near the Donatello hotel

Which San Francisco hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne, Australia
Breakfast near the Donatello hotel

Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions for breakfast near the Donatello hotel?

Thanks!

Limerick...
reviews: 94
1. Re: Breakfast near the Donatello hotel

Here is a link to a restaurant we liked.

Just walk down Post to Powell make a left.

http://searsfinefood.com

San Francisco
Destination Expert
for Borrego Springs, San Francisco, Solana Beach
reviews: 26
2. Re: Breakfast near the Donatello hotel

Honey, Honey creperie on Post and Taylor, Pinecrest Diner on Geary and Mason or Cafe dela Presse on Grant and Bush.

Melbourne, Australia
3. Re: Breakfast near the Donatello hotel

Great! Thanks so much for your suggestions!

Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
reviews: 5
4. Re: Breakfast near the Donatello hotel

Walk down Mason one block to Geary. Cross the street. Pinecrest, as mentioned above. Small and diner like. Excellent American breakfast with generous portions and fast service.

Walk half a block down from there on the left side to Cafe Mason. More extensive menu, Also excellent service. The waitresses, I think, are on student visas, mostly from Russia.

These are our two usual choices when we stay at the Donatello, which is often.

Honey Honey is good, but you order at the counter as I remember. It is also just a block from the hotel.

I don't "do" Sears. Its reputation has often meant a long line on the sidewalk and since it changed ownerships I don't think it has kept up on its reputation. Whatever you do, avoid any of the Lori's chain. Shmaltzy fake 1950's decor (movie magazine covers on the walls) with waitresses in fake '50s. uniforms. Food is mediocre.

Enjoy your stay. Do you know about the top floor lounge at the Donatello with free coffee and newspapers, fireplace and two terraces? Also up there a small fitness center with spa.

Enjoy.

San Francisco
Destination Expert
for Borrego Springs, San Francisco, Solana Beach
reviews: 26
5. Re: Breakfast near the Donatello hotel

Oh, we forgot Luque's in the Chancellor hotel.

Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
reviews: 5
6. Re: Breakfast near the Donatello hotel

OH ! Right. Luque's is a lovely small restaurant in the hotel which serves breakfast and lunch. The room is pretty, there are fresh flowers on the table, the menu is interesting and the service excellent. I don't know how I forgot it.

7. Re: Breakfast near the Donatello hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, February 11, 2014