We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cancelling Our Hotel

Which San Francisco hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Edinburgh
reviews: 2
Cancelling Our Hotel

I'm not too familiar with how bookings work in the US so just want to check something. We may have to drop SF from our itinerary altogether, do we just let our hotel know that we're cancelling and that's it?

We haven't paid a deposit or anything like that.

Thanks.

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
reviews: 60
1. Re: Cancelling Our Hotel

IF you booked the hotel on the hotel's own web site then I'd just go to your booking and cancel it. IF you booked on a 3rd party site then you go to that site and cancel. Hopefully you have read the cancellation policy of the site on which you booked?? They are not all the same.

Edinburgh
reviews: 2
2. Re: Cancelling Our Hotel

Thanks for that. We booked direct with the hotel so I'll check for any cancellation policy if we have to bail out.

Cheers.

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
reviews: 114
3. Re: Cancelling Our Hotel

If you have not paid nor secured your reservation with a credit card, you should either cancel online and get a cancellation number or call and cancel. If they have no card info from you, it is just good business practice to cancel it instead of a no show. If you did give a credit card, and you have to call then, please get the cancellation number and name of agent.

Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
reviews: 6
4. Re: Cancelling Our Hotel

I do hope, however, that you do not have to cancel San Francisco from your itinerary. You would miss a beautiful city.

5. Re: Cancelling Our Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, February 07, 2014