We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Argonaut hotel

Which San Francisco hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cambridge
Argonaut hotel

We have booked the argonaut for 6 nights as part of a package. I have read comments re whether this is the best part of sf to stay in, but its a done deal! I have just found out that we can upgrade the room from standard to deluxe with a view by paying a surcharge. Is it worth doing? Also, should we join kimpton in touch or would it make absolutely no difference as we have booked a package?

Westbrook...
reviews: 19
1. Re: Argonaut hotel

We are also booked there in April...please post and let us know how your experience is!

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
reviews: 109
2. Re: Argonaut hotel

There are plenty of reviews of the Argonaut so I urge you all to read it. It is one of the best hotels on the wharf. The issue most locals have is that it is a very touristy part of the city and does not reflect what SF is all about. Kids may find it fun and the only tme we go there is very early AM before the shops are open and start peddling junk. The food there is also not in the top 100 list for most except for a couple of places There you have it. But it is safe

As to if an upgrade is worth it, check reviews and check www.oyster.com and see the photos there. They have a few with views of the GG bridge They may be current or old as that site at times does not have the latest photos

Edited: 10:35 am, January 05, 2013
San Francisco
Destination Expert
for Borrego Springs, San Francisco, Solana Beach
reviews: 26
3. Re: Argonaut hotel

I don't know what you're getting as part of the package. Joining the loyalty program usually gets free WiFi and possibly some other things -- newspaper etc. You'll have to check exactly what the Kimpton's loyalty program is providing and see if it's something you want that isn't covered in your specific package.

However, it's free to join the loyalty program so it's no loss if you do and don't need to.

illinois
reviews: 29
4. Re: Argonaut hotel

I'll second what RamblinSal said about the Kimpton loyalty package. If you'd like free Internet, then do it.

As for upgrading your room, ...if a view is important to you, then do it. If you don't need a view and don't mind looking at a really dull courtyard, then you are ok. We had absolutely NO view when we stayed, but we didn't care, because we saw so much once we left the room. You might also want to inquire as to which rooms are quieter than others.

I loved the Argonaut and being in that great location. It was one of my favorite vacations ever. I hope it is for you also.

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
reviews: 100
5. Re: Argonaut hotel

Definitely sign up for free with Kimpton if you want the free wi-fi. It means not only accessing the wi-fi at this Kimpton propery, but at ANY Kimpton property - whether or not you happen to be staying there.

As for the view upgrade - I usually only think about those when I'm somewhere like Hawaii, where you can sit out on your balcony and soak it in. Otherwise I'd spend that money on a good meal.

Cambridge
6. Re: Argonaut hotel

Thanks for all the replies. We are in sf for late May so you will be there before us newport217.

7. Re: Argonaut hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, January 08, 2014