We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best place for 2 nights in May with 14-month-old

Which San Francisco hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne
reviews: 2
Best place for 2 nights in May with 14-month-old

Visiting in May with our little girl. I have been to SF twice (as a teenager) but my husband has never been. We will be hiring a car and driving down to San Diego so a place with parking would be good. Would like to spend no more than $150/night. Thanks.

San Francisco, Ca
reviews: 46
1. Re: Best place for 2 nights in May with 14-month-old

We really don't recommend having a car in SF... you can easily rent a car on your last day for your drive. Otherwise, you'll be paying $35-55/night for parking at your hotel, PLUS more for parking (if you can find it) in Chinatown, Fisherman's Wharf, etc.

See one of the Top Questions on the right side "Do you need a car in San Francisco?" for more details on the pros and (mostly) cons.

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
reviews: 114
2. Re: Best place for 2 nights in May with 14-month-old

Agree with Susan. TA is a great place to get advise once you have looked at hotels, found something you like in the areas mentioned above and we can then help you decide.Hotel prices vary so you may want to look at the one you like, read reviews and then come back with a short list and we can help you finalize your plans

Please look at the Fisherman's wharf and Union Square area for hotels. But please read reviews before you book. Expect around 15% tax on top of the rate.

Melbourne
reviews: 2
3. Re: Best place for 2 nights in May with 14-month-old

Thanks. I was looking on my iPhone app, which doesn't show the top questions. Will have a better look now.

San Francisco, Ca
reviews: 46
4. Re: Best place for 2 nights in May with 14-month-old

>>I was looking on my iPhone app, which doesn't show the top questions.<<

Yeah, that is a problem... hopefully the powers that be are working on that, since the Top Questions hold a wealth of information.

Melb
reviews: 63
5. Re: Best place for 2 nights in May with 14-month-old

Mmmm if you need cooking facilities for the baby or just a bigger apartment maybe it's good to try airbnb.com? Just be very careful which apartment you choose and make sure ask plenty of questions.

I've also blogged about San Francisco if you wanna look at where we went to and what to eat :)

…wordpress.com/index-page-piggy-adventures-i…

6. Re: Best place for 2 nights in May with 14-month-old

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:17 pm, January 06, 2014